PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning rust off ceramic coating help

NacsMXer
07-20-2007, 07:14 PM
Hey guys, I have some minor surface rust spots on my ceramic coated header. It is from sitting in the shed all season. Any good ways to clean it up without hurting the ceramic? Thanks for your help

honda300EXtreme
07-20-2007, 08:34 PM
maybe some soapy water and steel wool

400eXr1d3rZ
07-21-2007, 07:34 PM
If it's just surface rust than it will come off with the rub of your finger, but good ceramic coating should not rust or peel...UNLIKE MY CURTIS SPARKS X6 HEADER GOD DAMINT!

mx825
07-22-2007, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
If it's just surface rust than it will come off with the rub of your finger, but good ceramic coating should not rust or peel...UNLIKE MY CURTIS SPARKS X6 HEADER GOD DAMINT!

lmao:p

REDRIDDER
07-26-2007, 10:14 AM
If it's just surface rust than it will come off with the rub of your finger, but good ceramic coating should not rust or peel...UNLIKE MY CURTIS SPARKS X6 HEADER GOD DAMINT! you are absolutely right they shouldn't rust but once they start its like your pipe has cancer and it will only get worse if you don't give it kimo= new coat of ceramic. once rust starts then coat it again cause its not going to go away.That and the sparks pipe is known for rusting.

400eXr1d3rZ
07-26-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by REDRIDDER
you are absolutely right they shouldn't rust but once they start its like your pipe has cancer and it will only get worse if you don't give it kimo= new coat of ceramic. once rust starts then coat it again cause its not going to go away.That and the sparks pipe is known for rusting.

I was going to strip the ceramic coating and paint the header (not the muffler) with high-temp paint...or I was thinking of having this other kind of ceramic coating done...I'm not sure what it's called, but the color of it is somewhat dark grey/almost black. I'm deffinitly getting some exhaust wrap also, I accidently grabbed my header last night. It was a full grab also...my quad was fully warmed (warmed my ***...extremely hot) also.

JOEX
07-26-2007, 06:27 PM
I was going to strip the ceramic coating and paint the header (not the muffler) with high-temp paint...or I was thinking of having this other kind of ceramic coating done...I'm not sure what it's called, but the color of it is somewhat dark grey/almost black. I'm deffinitly getting some exhaust wrap also, I accidently grabbed my header last night. It was a full grab also...my quad was fully warmed (warmed my ***...extremely hot) also.
Dang, bet that hurt:eek2: How do you accidently grab the header?

400eXr1d3rZ
07-26-2007, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Dang, bet that hurt:eek2: How do you accidently grab the header?

Well, I was sorta squatting down next to my quad taking the heel-gaurds off, so I didn't have that great of balance...and my stupid-*** dog starts sorta rubbing on me and stuff and I started to fall backwards, I went to grab something...well...it was the exhaust :p

Yep...I hate that dog now :blah: Gonna' pull an Ole' Yeller if it happens again :devil: