PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about picking up a banshee

Drone
07-20-2007, 02:25 PM
Im thinking about getting a banshee, but i was wondering. how often do you need to chang the top end? are they red stickers (im looking at a 1990), and are they good for freestyle? thanks in advance

Dinner
07-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Drone
Im thinking about getting a banshee, but i was wondering. how often do you need to chang the top end? are they red stickers (im looking at a 1990), and are they good for freestyle? thanks in advance

Depends how often you want it re-build it. Some engines can go for awhile(i have been 2 years on my top end, still at 120PSI) while others will re-build like twice a year. As long as you keep them properly maintained, always jetted correctly, things like that..you shouldn't have a problem. A lot of guys will re-ring them from time to time, just cause its a good habit, gets a little more compression too.

They are alright for freestyle if you build them for freestyle. A-arms, swinger, and suspension will help drastically for a Banshee to be good for freestyle.

Drone
07-22-2007, 10:09 PM
thanks, anybody race their banshee I hear they have batty handling, will upgraded suspension cure that, after i do up the suspension will it handle like any other quad or what?

Dinner
07-22-2007, 10:42 PM
Yea banshee's are pretty crappy when it comes to the handling aspect of them. They were made for sand, and wide open areas that are somewhat smooth,lol.

Suspension, A-Arms and a swinger will def help a lot. I'm hoping that Dmc will respond to this post. He has a very nice Banshee, elka's a-arms, everything. And it looks like it rides like it's on clouds when he freestyles.

I'm not 100% sure on whether it will handle like any other quad, but it will drastically be better.

Drone
07-22-2007, 10:45 PM
i just wanna know if it can be raced, aka railed and drifted, I love drifting :]. doesnt have to be like a snap to do it, im talkin if you get used to the handling of a banshee will you bea able to take the corners

firefighterjosh
07-23-2007, 04:33 AM
MX and XC are kinda iffy on the banshee. I just plans wears you out. I think for racing the banshee would be more at home on a flat track, hill climb or drag race event