PDA

View Full Version : need some help

DJR300ex
07-20-2007, 01:33 PM
well my R has been having some problems for the past 2 or 3 days. the first time i start it up for the day it will run fine for a few minutes then bog down and die. then it takes about 10 kicks before it decides to start back up again and it only runs for about 10 seconds then die again. does anybody know whats going on? it ran real good until it started doing this

u_want_some
07-20-2007, 01:53 PM
How's your carb? Have you checked it over yet? Jetting, idle speed...etc....

honda380
07-20-2007, 02:39 PM
sounds like an electrical problem to me. check your coil, there are specs in the clymer manual on how to do it, the coil gets hot and quits working, thats why it only runs when its cold and shuts off when its hot. happened to me a few times. its easier to just find someone elses and switch it to see, then you dont have to go through the hassle of testing and all that. hopefully this helps. Corey

DJR300ex
07-20-2007, 02:47 PM
i thought it was an electrical problem at first but i wasnt sure, anybody else have any ideas of what it could be?

Aceman
07-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Most likely a fuel delivery problem. Pull the fuel line off the carb and check the flow coming out of the tank, also remove the gas cap the next time you start it to make sure it isn't creating a vacuum in the tank. If all that checks out, clean your carb completely out and verify the float level is correct.