PDA

View Full Version : are honda places snobby lately or is it just me?

450raider
07-20-2007, 11:05 AM
to make a long story short my brother got that start reduction gear recall, went to local shop to see if they can fix it (rather thanb driving 93mi. where we got it), they guy which ive known for a long time and always seemed pretty cool not an owner siad hed do it but seemed a little edgy with comments like "you can drive there to buy it but not to fix it" so i just might take it to the far away place, all i was doing was thinkin the local shop would save us time, but anymore when i walk in that place for anything im a little more thankful i joined team green.

Quad18star
07-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Most places hate to do warrantee work because it pays next to nothing. :ermm:

rollie
07-20-2007, 11:44 AM
i couldnt be happier with the way my dealer conducted my recall. got the notice. and got it fixed and back in my garage within 4 days. and they fixed the throttle return spring recall for me too:cool:

450raider
07-20-2007, 11:54 AM
well the local place tecnically isnt "our dealer" because the owners buy there bikes from honda and really overcharge for them and everyone knows it and nobody really likes the dudes that own it, its just really close compared to the place we got our R and since its all honda they should be glad to do it.

CHEVYZ
07-20-2007, 12:49 PM
It really does depend on where you go. There are two different Honda shops pretty close to where I live, and one shop is filled with the most angry and stupid people around, the other with the easiest people to deal with that you could find. At the "good" shop, I can go in there, tell them what I need, and be out in a second..hell, most of the time they throw in free parts or huge discounts just for doing business with them. At the other shop, they cannot even remember what kind of bike I have after 5 seconds, and then get pissed off and throw their pen across the room.

I have driven to Mississippi a few times already to get good deals and service. If that is what it comes down to, sometimes it is best to drive a little ways down the road to find a nicer place.

beaker1214
07-20-2007, 12:52 PM
yeah I spent $500 on a warranty for my 400, which was my fault, but the dealership talked a good game when they sold it to me saying it would cover everything! I was like sweet ya know, but when a bearing came out and ruined my rear axle and carrier, it sure as heck didn't cover that. That was a fun 700 bucks. But it wasn't necessarily Honda's fault but they told me that it would all be covered even if I did it and it wasn't something that naturally wears like break pads. This was just one of the problems that I had with them, I ll never buy another warranty for a four wheeler, which like I said was my fault for getting it to begin with.

TRX450RACER174
07-20-2007, 05:34 PM
I don't think it is just Honda! I went to my local Yamaha dealer the other day and some of those people there are just plain idiots, I don't know why some of these places just can't get people to work for them that care about what they are doing, We go into dealers to buy parts cause we wanna ride and the person behind the counter should have some knowledge about what they are selling and they dont, that irritates me the most. But you have dealers that are cool and others that are idiots just have to weed the bad ones out.

Aceman
07-20-2007, 05:44 PM
You guys do realize it has nothing to do with Honda or Yamaha and has everything to do with that particular dealership paying it's employees minimum wage. Any place that pays their counter help minimum wage is going to have chitty service. It's a fact, they don't care about their job and definitely don't care about their service. You hire cheap help, expect to get the dregs of society.

Gray33
07-20-2007, 06:00 PM
true..

Ya a yamaha/honda dealer where i bought my blaster. A big mistake. Condering that they made me pay 100 dollar for a expecting fee or something. Well, anyways they had poor people there but I wanted one so bad so my parents bought me one there. So ends up the place close downs because of no one going beacuse of the chitty service and not really a peoples person. Now the place has the gay little japanese things. Now on the other had a guy that owns a shop called powersports that just opened a couple months ago are the friendiest people that i have ever meet. That is where i am goin to buy a quad. And it shows they have only been open a couple months and have already sold 4 quads to people who i know! But, back to honda and yamaha dealers i think they just need to hire young kids that are acuatly wanting to work with quads,bikes, and other stuff a chance to work there. Instead of neards that have never ridden a quad before. Here is a little thing i thought funny on my way down to virigian beach me and my dad saw a honda dealer on a exit sign we needed to get out and stretch anyways so we go to it and we are looking around and the guy who works there asks me if we needed his help. Since we like to mess with people we said ya we are looking at a 450r and they had a 07 sitting there. So we started talking and the guy and he is like "ya this thing can get up to 90mph" I am like have you ever ridden one he is like " no but i heard they go 90mph-100mph stock" I am like what a DUMB-as.Then he said it was a 2 stroke lmao...
Quite a honda dealer they have in va

TRX450RACER174
07-20-2007, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
You guys do realize it has nothing to do with Honda or Yamaha .

Yes i do realize that, each dealer is independent and is just an authorized retailer but for gods sake hire some people that are actually enthusiasts instead of some dumd kids that could give a flyin $^&$ about what thay are selling. I guess you have to take the good with the bad sometimes.

GlowBoy
07-20-2007, 07:21 PM
I went to a the mall to find out that a Ski-Doo dealership rented out a place and had some sleds in there. I went and talk to him about a 600 special edition olympic 600 mxz. He was telling me all about it, he fast it was. He told me that it would beat there new REV 600, which is a lie. I ride the same year and same motor size. My dad has a REV and he pulls bike lengths on me. Here's the kicker, he told me that it wasn't a two stroke rather a fourstroke 2-tec. And I had to mix the gas and oil and the same time. I definately called him out on it. I embarrassed him with all my friends there. It was ****ing hilarous.

wvspeedfreak
07-20-2007, 08:18 PM
I went in to a honda dealership one time right when the '04 450r's came out.I had full intentions of buying one.I asked the salesman if I could fire one of them up and he said the batteries hadn't been hooked up yet :huh I said ok,went to another dealership and bought one.

L0w3r55
07-20-2007, 09:03 PM
I would have to say the best dealership I have ever walked into is Thuder Alley Sports In Fulton New York, Those guys there are sick! They carry Kawis, Hondas, and Ducatis, plus used models and those guys are soo helpful and nice and they are sponsered by Monster Enery drink so sometimes when we go in there they're like hey wanna monster? Im just like hellz ya! But i mean i ride a yamaha warrior and my bud ride a Z-400 and even tho there's a yamaha/suzuki dealer closer to our houses we still go to thunder alley just cuz they're so awesome, I'd deff have to suggest them to anyone who lives in upstate new york.:D

450raider
07-21-2007, 08:07 AM
yup yall do have valid points but i guess chevyz pretty much said what i already knew, there must be a reason weve driven 90mi. to tri-county cycle in corbin ky. and not ________ (im not even gonna give the local place decent bashing time on the internet), like 20 times to buy bikes because they can get cheapest prices anywhere around here (we saved like 2k over anywhere else for the new R) but there shop part rediculously sucks on waiting time,(and i hate driving that far just to drop something off ive done it 3 or 4 times) when we take take r there even for a recall itll still probably be there for like 1-2 months but anyway there is a reason we picked them to begin with, will we still go to the local place for filters, oil, spark plugs, yeah, and im neither gonna show them respect or disrespect ill just wait someday till the owner runs that mouth and ill drag him (or them) outside and make em new speed bumps in the parking lot. but to my original post if i go to the far place and they show any act of unprofessionalism i will instist that honda is more of a snobbish company thats runned by people who say more money screw consumer. (just for thought where is the honda utv, 650ex, 250f quad anyway?)