PDA

View Full Version : What was the reason for the Narrow FRame?

IOWAracer
07-19-2007, 10:02 PM
Exactly what the title say;s having a debate witha friend just curious thanks

Broc

coryatver
07-19-2007, 10:17 PM
you can run longer a-arms which gives you more travel less bumpsteer and all that good stuff and then you can go faster than all the other people that have to run stock frames

250rAL
07-20-2007, 07:36 AM
The ideal is to have the a arms pivot from the same point. Next best is close together as possible.

rollie
07-20-2007, 11:46 AM
i wonder why no aftermarket guys make a frame and a-arms where they pivot on the same points like you said, like trophy trucks. i saw a picture of one someone made for a baja race on here, but it didnt hold up.

bradley300
07-20-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by coryatver
you can run longer a-arms which gives you more travel less bumpsteer and all that good stuff and then you can go faster than all the other people that have to run stock frames

i'll add that its typicly done for this reason ^^ but the longer a-arms wont make you wider

bradley300
07-20-2007, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by 250rAL
The ideal is to have the a arms pivot from the same point. Next best is close together as possible.

its so the a-arms and teiord ends line up as close as possible. it puts them both on the same pivot arc. since they are both on the same arc, the wheel wont turn (bumpsteer) as the front end goes thru its travel

CannondaleRider
07-20-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by rollie
i wonder why no aftermarket guys make a frame and a-arms where they pivot on the same points like you said, like trophy trucks.

An aftermarket company did....

Laeger's built CRF chassis's with the narrow front ends.....absolutely awesome bikes when the rest is built right.

They only built seven though :ermm:

But yeah, it's odd that nobody builts a swap-over chassis, for the 450's, with a narrow frame.

400exstud
07-20-2007, 01:03 PM
Check out the San Dahl Banshees

rollie
07-20-2007, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
An aftermarket company did....

Laeger's built CRF chassis's with the narrow front ends.....absolutely awesome bikes when the rest is built right.

They only built seven though :ermm:

But yeah, it's odd that nobody builts a swap-over chassis, for the 450's, with a narrow frame.

i thought those pivot points where just very close together?

oh yeah i forgot about deans banshee