PDA

View Full Version : lost a small screw to the carb!

SET THE STAGE
07-19-2007, 06:55 PM
okay, so you know the slide lifter arm and how it connects to the slide with the little flat piece at the bottom of it with two little gold screws.... well, i lost one of those little gold screws

so i figured i'd just go onto service honda and get a new one, well it's 33 bucks! because the only way to get it is to buy a whole package of parks including the arm and everything.. is there any way else to get it?

would i be safe riding with just that one as long as it's tightened in there pretty well? HELP PLEEEAASSEEE. this is driving me nuts

hornetgod13
07-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Pull the screw you still have and go to a local hardware store. That option is a lot cheaper than buying extra parts you don't need.

SET THE STAGE
07-19-2007, 07:08 PM
yeah i didn't think about that. i'll try that tomorrow

thanks

CarGuy7a
07-19-2007, 09:42 PM
dude that is nutz. especially if you don't need the linkage and stuff.

also take the one little screw with you b/c i believe the threads are metric.

EX LONERIDER
07-19-2007, 10:01 PM
i cant really remember but arent the screws that hold the choke flap in the same size as those? if so, why not take the choke off and use the screws from there? (if you havent removed the choke already)

SET THE STAGE
07-19-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by EX LONERIDER
i cant really remember but arent the screws that hold the choke flap in the same size as those? if so, why not take the choke off and use the screws from there? (if you havent removed the choke already)

if they are, i just might. it's still on there, but i never use it.

but good news, i found a little screw lying around the house that looks identical to them except it's silver. i'm going to try it out tomorrow

thanks guys!!

gcart2
07-20-2007, 04:21 PM
go to www.motosport.com
they have a om parts section. look up your fourwheeler and find it. it will cost u max with shipping 8bucks

SET THE STAGE
07-21-2007, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by gcart2
go to www.motosport.com
they have a om parts section. look up your fourwheeler and find it. it will cost u max with shipping 8bucks

just checked and it's no different than service honda or bikebandit. 45 bucks. they all use the same catalog thing

anyways that screw i found worked w00t