PDA

View Full Version : New Kawasaki 700 sport?

jesshamner
10-23-2002, 08:15 PM
Has anyone else seen the new Kawasaki 700 automatic? It didn't look too impressive from what I saw. It weighs over 500 lbs. Automatic? Sounds like they are trying to compete with the already sucky polaris models. I just hope that the engine is big enough to push all that weight and the suspension is hard enough to support it on jumps. Oh well, I'll stick to my 400ex forever. Well until they come out with a better honda.

2k2-300exnj
10-23-2002, 08:26 PM
i saw it i dont like it and i wouldnt buy it if it does turn out to be the fastest around no shifting= no fun on a sport machine unless it is a worked trannie that shifts harder than a manual...

jesshamner
10-23-2002, 08:29 PM
yeah you're right. I don't think i will ever own another automatic.

DEAL
10-23-2002, 08:40 PM
Its gonna haul *** , but it won't handle worth ****.
If you have ever ridden a praire 650 you will know what i am talking about.

bermbanger400
10-23-2002, 08:43 PM
But..... it will be a big hit in the unlimited utility class in gncc which is ruled by polaris scramblers at the time.

oynot400
10-23-2002, 09:02 PM
At the Farm Progress Show last month I talked with the Kawasaki rep. He claims it will eat anything and everything out there. It is going to dominate next years racing season. :rolleyes: Yea what ever.

2k2-300exnj
10-23-2002, 09:10 PM
if it handles the best and is the fastest around...

i still prolly wont buy it! what were they thinking with an auto to lazy to make a new motor? gotta bore out the prarie cheap losers!

Butters
10-23-2002, 09:34 PM
yeah they just took the praire motor bored it a little then put it on a little different chassis made the plastic different and there it is. kawasaki's version of a sport machine. they might as well just put racks on it.

upstate rider
10-24-2002, 03:19 AM
I agree it looks like a lime green tank , Wait till dirtwheels has a shootout and they rate the top machine to have. Hopefully Honda will then say maybe we need to do something were losing to many sales and come out with something.

spincr4hire
10-24-2002, 06:14 AM
Yeah, Dirtwheels was talking good about it in the last issue. I think its a pretty sweet ride, but it shouldn't be aimed at the high performance sport market, just to the 'bubbas' that want to go fast but not fool with a clutch and shifting. I would like to see the orange version of it.

400grl
10-24-2002, 09:53 AM
As soon as I heard it was a shaft driven automatic I stopped reading..........why would they make it shaft driven? Is that stronger or something?

oynot400
10-24-2002, 10:10 AM
I would say it would be stronger. There are alot of shaft drive motorcycles, but all the race bikes are chain drive to reduce weight.
So if it is shaft drive, is it running a diff case like the praire? :confused:

DESDAK4
10-24-2002, 11:57 AM
I also think it is ugly, but maybe people should wait until it's tested or rode by someone other than them before you judge because I love my ex but we have alot of bikes coming out that will eat it stock for stock at not that much of a price difference I am sorry to say.

jesshamner
10-24-2002, 12:15 PM
I don't care who tests it. It is nothing but a big green (or orange) tank. It is going to hard to control. If you ask me, control is half the race. At the ironman there were tons of cannondales that shot up the hill. The only difference was the drivers. The ones that can't control the powe, were at the bottome of the hill or they had to take their time and be careful while going up. So I guess what Iam trying to say is that it has to do with the driver when it comes to control. And it sounds like the rider is going to have to be a d@mn good rider to win on that thing.

DESDAK4
10-24-2002, 12:18 PM
I just guess you guys really know something about a machine that hasn't even been built yet. Must work for Kawi to get all that info.

spincr4hire
10-24-2002, 12:38 PM
:huh
I think it has been built. :confused:

DESDAK4
10-24-2002, 12:44 PM
By Kawi, there hasn't been anyone else really touch it. But there is no reason to get mad I was just stating my opinion what anyelse thinks doesn't mater much. I don't uderstand why everyone just can't get on a quad and ride and have fun no matter what quad jsut ride. WHO CARES.

jesshamner
10-24-2002, 12:51 PM
Yeah I agree that someone could have fun on it. But you have to think of the demand for a machine like this. Is there a lot of people out there that want a machine like this?

spincr4hire
10-24-2002, 12:54 PM
Some lazy 300 pounder...:devil

jesshamner
10-24-2002, 01:04 PM
LMAO... There is the market right there. Lazy, heavy people.

Team Outlaw #34
10-24-2002, 01:25 PM
lo i think it looks like a pos......first jump it goes off its gonna fall apart.... did you say it was a sport quad???? i thought it was a utility :p

spincr4hire
10-24-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by jesshamner
LMAO... There is the market right there. Lazy, heavy people.

like this guy....(aka Rico's halloween costume last year:blah )

what elvis here is thinking "hey, has anyone seen my penis? I sure as heck haven't in 20 years"

01TRX300EX
10-24-2002, 04:29 PM
I think it will be a good all around machine, just because something is auto doesn't mean its not fun, I have a blast on my uncles Grizz 660 all the time. If Suzuki comes out with a version I think it will look like this... sorry I havent quite finished it yet, so there is still some orange in there from the original.

DESDAK4
10-25-2002, 03:42 AM
O and by the way I am not confused, maybe behind the times a bit being that I am in the middle of the Indian Ocean fighting a war, but you can bet your ***** I am not confused. I just don't run around judging things I can't even get my hands on. Had to get that out.
Jay
USAF