PDA

View Full Version : 08 Snowshoe?

hatfield44
07-19-2007, 02:51 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any info on whether or not the GNCC series will be returning to showshoe for the 08 season?

cdalejef
10-17-2007, 02:24 PM
We can only hope so. :macho

jb500ex
10-17-2007, 02:32 PM
order your tireballs now

sspalco
10-17-2007, 09:05 PM
West Virginia is on the schedule for June 21st/22nd. I am not sure if it is Snowshoe or not though. I would think that it is.

Prey
10-17-2007, 09:17 PM
that place sucked, the villiage was over priced, parking sucked, and that track needs some more work, its supposed to be a race, not to see who gets more aggrivated in a bottle neck

gbcap
10-18-2007, 06:38 AM
3 big things they need to work on if they are going to snowshoe again.

parking - need to get everyone more centrailzed. i understand there is 5-8k people there...and lots of big rigs. but parking is horrible. there is no reason that people should have to park 2 miles away and not be able to ride to and from on thier quad. they need to get with the state police and set a few rules out. riders ARE allowed to ride up and down if they are one per bike and with a helmet on. but they are not allowed out of the confines of the ski resort. either that or they need to open up a route on the slopes themselves that the riders can ride to and from on without issue.

track - take those huge bottle necks out. and alot less dusty trails. there was so much woods there that they could have run people thru the woods without a problem. they just didn't want to cut the track.

snowshoe employees - get everyone on track. i asked a few people that didn't even know what event was going on this weekend. people need to know when/where to direct people if they are going to be working the parking lots. i asked several people where i was to park and they had NO idea. none.

montycarlo
10-22-2007, 08:34 PM
Maybe the event was just waaay bigger than they anticipated? Or was it the same size as your typical out-east GNCC? In which case it may have been poor planning by RP to set something up at a place that wasn't big enough?

Dunno, not an expert and wasn't there. :rolleyes:

hatfield44
03-24-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by gbcap
there was so much woods there that they could have run people thru the woods without a problem. they just didn't want to cut the track.

Snowshoe is surrounded by national forest, so that may have restricted where the race could go.

Yeah parking always sucks around the mountain; even during ski season. They are just trying to strong arm people into staying on the mountain.

If you don't want to stay on the mountain, get in contact with the Elk River Inn. They are only a few minutes from the foot of the mountain. There is also the Marlington motor inn which is about 30-45 minutes from the mountain pulling a trailer, and pretty cheap.

Make sure you take a cooler of groceries (and everything else you will need) with you if your staying on the mountain, as everything is high as a cat's back on the mountain, and the closest town is Marlington. The food in the restaurants around the mountain is pretty good though.