PDA

View Full Version : Should i buy a Raptor

elijahblake
07-19-2007, 02:00 PM
I posted this same question in KFX 700, and i don't want totally biased opinions so i thought this would be the only fair way to do it.
Should i buy a KFX700?? or Raptor??
i've been riding crotch rockets for about 5 years and I'm sick of being harrassed by the cops. I love stunting especially doin some long wheelies. I haven't rode 4 wheelers in quite a while, i grew up riding dirtbikes mostly some quads but i'm really not up on all this now.. So i figured i could get me a quad and do all the stunting, playing and get all my adrenaline rushes i need without having to worry about po po's. I was almost set on getting a Raptor 700, but then i kinda talked myself out because i'll be riding mostly trails and with 4x4's, or slower bikes than mine and it seems like i'd be hitting the clutch non stop, also i get tired of always having to adjust chain and the clutch.. so then i heard about the v force 700.. is this bike what i'm looking for? can you do long wheelies, slow wheelies, high chairs, stoppies on these? I've seen they're about 100lbs. heavier than the raptor and i heard they pop up easy but how hard is it to control the wheelie since it's automatic??? All you guys input is greatly appreciated, I just really want to know which way i should go? Also how long will a tank of fuel last???
sorry this was so damn long.. lol
elijahblake

07-19-2007, 10:27 PM
Just get the dam raptor/miles per tank is up to how you drive it but by no means is the 700 even with that many cc's a gas hog.Trail riding 45-55 miles i say.Thats b4 light comes on and stays on witch means 1/2 gal left.

TWISTED DINLI
07-20-2007, 07:47 AM
i would get the raptor 700 over the KFX 700 because the raptor would be a lot better since it has the clutch and all.

bberck
07-22-2007, 06:01 AM
Id go with the raptor.

It fits good for what you are wanting and you wont have to be on the clutch non stop in the woods. It is designed as a trail machine with a ton of torque so it lugs down very well. FI is great and I wont own another quad without it.

450rJam
07-22-2007, 06:29 AM
raptor is head and shoulders above the kfx

im suprised you had to ask

raptor is quicker, lighter, and better handleing quad.

is this for you or your grandma ?
you want power and nimble handleing or
you want to put through the trails while sipping tea?

zje400ex
07-22-2007, 09:00 PM
raptor 100%...i had an auto 4wheeler and hated it. wheelies were hard 2 do a long one and kinda got boring just pushing the thumb throttle with no shifting. hope this helps

atvmaster0927
07-24-2007, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by zje400ex
raptor 100%...i had an auto 4wheeler and hated it. wheelies were hard 2 do a long one and kinda got boring just pushing the thumb throttle with no shifting. hope this helps

Yeah same happened to me.

But yeah i would get a raptor anytime over a kfx.

LRD450R
07-25-2007, 09:15 AM
just ride one and u will see

yAmAhA-rIdEr155
08-10-2007, 08:41 PM
u should think bout gettin a kfx 450r over a 700, but even then i would still pick a raptor, the 450 is made for tracks, 700's rule the trail rides