PDA

View Full Version : Should i buy a KFX700??

elijahblake
07-19-2007, 01:56 PM
i've been riding crotch rockets for about 5 years and I'm sick of being harrassed by the cops. I love stunting especially doin some long wheelies. I haven't rode 4 wheelers in quite a while, i grew up riding dirtbikes mostly some quads but i'm really not up on all this now.. So i figured i could get me a quad and do all the stunting, playing and get all my adrenaline rushes i need without having to worry about po po's. I was almost set on getting a Raptor 700, but then i kinda talked myself out because i'll be riding mostly trails and with 4x4's, or slower bikes than mine and it seems like i'd be hitting the clutch non stop, also i get tired of always having to adjust chain and the clutch.. so then i heard about the v force 700.. is this bike what i'm looking for? can you do long wheelies, slow wheelies, high chairs, stoppies on these? I've seen they're about 100lbs. heavier than the raptor and i heard they pop up easy but how hard is it to control the wheelie since it's automatic??? All you guys input is greatly appreciated, I just really want to know which way i should go? Also how long will a tank of fuel last???
sorry this was so damn long.. lol
elijahblake

07-22-2007, 09:10 PM
SOME DORK VOTED FOR THE KFX 700 BUT COULD NOT POST WHY :p

frotrk
07-30-2007, 09:22 AM
well three have voted for raptor and not posted why. try to ride both and see which fits you and your riding best.
Clark

3exrider23
07-30-2007, 10:26 AM
my dad just bought a kxf700 and ive been riding that alot and love it. the only thing is they are 520lbs. i didnt think i was gonna like it cause the automaticly but i think its a really fun bike. you can do alot of wheelies. also a few of my dirtbikes friends have rode it and said if they were to get a quad right now that would be the quad theyd choose. but i have also never ridden a rapter

downeyballz
07-30-2007, 12:18 PM
go with the raptor is much more fun to ride and handels better. it is also faster because theres not as much drivetrain loss. they wheelie easily, even without popping the clutch. you wont need the be on the clutch alot in the woods because it has so much torque you can leave it in any gear.

esquared
08-01-2007, 03:46 PM
I have a KFX-700 and really like it . It is a little top heavy . I use it in the dunes a lot and there is not a dune I have not been able to climb with it . It is nice not to have to shift all the time but still have a lot of power . It is heavy but compared to other quads that are around the same weight it beats them . It is fast , I have been clocked at 83 mph but I have made a few minor changes like exhaust , jetting and some tuning work . It likes to get the front wheels off the ground and with a light rider going full throttle off the line count on a wheelie . I have beaten Raptor 700's with this quad that were stock . Just a little minor work on this quad brings it to life . Stock it is slower but it has a lot of potential .

I will be buying another quad in october and keeping this one . I will get a KFX450 to go with it as I would like a lighter bike .

yogie
09-12-2007, 07:49 PM
I own a KFX and I love it, but I would love to ride the raptor, but havent had the chance yet. There are days I'd love to have gears again, but then there are a lot more when I'm glad I dont...:D

98warriorboy
10-19-2007, 09:57 AM
i voted for the raptor for the simple fact that i like the clutch adfvantage. im not sayin i dilike the kfx but id rather have a clutch to play with.

TOPDAWG
11-05-2007, 02:51 PM
I voted KFX. I think it's a lot more fun myself. To each his own. Kawiecentral even has one on the front page!

wapiti1
11-22-2007, 01:17 PM
I own a v700, I love it. I also came off a ute and it worked for me. I am also a big guy and those 450,s and such feel too crampt. I have few mods wich brings these 700 alive. Bubba has a nice setup, I can only emagine the torque of a 800. People talk about the weight of these quads, You sure don't feel it when your crusing the dunes.

esquared
01-25-2008, 10:47 PM
I loaded the KFX-700 into someone else's truck today . I enjoyed it when I first got it but after spending several months on the KFX-450R I couldn't stand the way it felt anymore . The 450 just does everything the 700 did better and faster while being lighter . If I had it to do all over again I would have waited a few months and got the 450R to start with .

bubbasoffroad2
02-05-2008, 02:06 AM
If you ask me for a honest opinion i like them both but for the riding i do the V just does it better slow trail rides with the kid's just gas and go no shifting up and down anymore the V was my first auto and love it plus as big as i am what's another 100 pound's :D and my bike will hold it's own against the lighter bikes..Boy do they hate getting beat by a fat man on a auto :devil:

KRAZYK
02-09-2008, 08:42 PM
you talking about the "fat guy on the auto" that passed me in the flats on the back tires when i had the predator pegged in 5th?:eek2: i have a yfz, but love riding the vforce, it is a special breed, and i would love to have a modded one in my stable. bubba's is an amazing atv for sure:)

curioues-atv
07-10-2008, 07:15 AM
it looks tame but u put in a spring in the driveline dual exhust big bore kit and u r riding godzilla bareback its not about the looks its about the ride to me

kfx1978
07-25-2008, 06:40 PM
The KFX is more fun to ride, and everywhere I look I see Raptors. I like to be diffrent, and the sound of the KFX is better. With the right pipe, you will be turning peoples heads everywhere you go.

scuzz
08-13-2008, 12:33 PM
X2 on the sound. v-twins sound better and any single cyl. could.

KTM265
10-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Hey Scuzz...nice seeing you over here.

DirtyDawg
10-17-2008, 05:37 PM
I have the KFX700, (also have a KFX 450),and have rode my bro in laws raptor 700. The KFX is a HUGE forkin bike. Much bigger the the Rappy. It's kinda like riding a couch. I think the Rappy handles better because it sits lower with a much lower CG. The KFX on the other hand is a great cuiser, yet still has enough power to lift the front end easily, and will wheelie very nice. the V twin power comes on smooth and steady, where as the Rappy comes on rather abrubt. We have run them side by side, and the Rappy did have the advatage on the top end, but on long rides the KFX 700 is by far and away the more comfortable bike. My wife rides the KFX 700 most of the time while I ride my KFX 450, but I still like to jump on the 700 from time to time, especially in the dunes.

10-24-2008, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by KRAZYK
you talking about the "fat guy on the auto" that passed me in the flats on the back tires when i had the predator pegged in 5th?:eek2: i have a yfz, but love riding the vforce, it is a special breed, and i would love to have a modded one in my stable. bubba's is an amazing atv for sure:)

ok dude my cousins got both get the raptor all those things you want to do you cant do on the kfx u can wheelie but no hi chairs or anything like that since its automatis i would highly suggest the yfz 450 its so perfect for all of that so small and fast and agile it willl blow ya damn mind my cousins got all three and every time i dont bring my yz125 i ride the 450 so really u should have to deide between the aptor and the yfz 450

scuzz
12-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by KTM265
Hey Scuzz...nice seeing you over here.

Thanks!

brady000
01-12-2009, 02:00 PM
I am having the exact same issue.

I have the opportunity to by an:

06' Raptor 700 with Duals, Power Commander, open air box, and durablue +2 axle (looks ridden and needs tires)

OR

05' KFX 700 bone stock...(Good cond.)

Both are $3000

I have ridden a seriously modded Raptor and like the weight and handling but at the same time it seemed almost too small.

I haven't ridden a KFX but, have ridden a modded DS650 which from what I read should have the same type of ride.

I have also ridden a Renegade 800 which I was very impressed with and thought I might enjoy but don't want to spend $$$$$.

I am getting a little older (34), heavier (250lbs.), and am not sure which way to go. Most of my riding is trail, moderately paced. Although I do have buddies with screamers and do want to be able to ride with them. I also want something that can blast across a field or backroad at 80mph.

scuzz
01-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by brady000

I am getting a little older (34), heavier (250lbs.), and am not sure which way to go. Most of my riding is trail, moderately paced. Although I do have buddies with screamers and do want to be able to ride with them. I also want something that can blast across a field or backroad at 80mph.

I'm 37- 6'6" and 250 (add 5-10 pounds sometimes) I was going to go for a v-force but wanted a manual tranny so I went with a like-sized quad, the 700xx. They're not the fastest quad out there, but they're one of the fastest. The new ones are going for nearly 6 grand, which is less then what I still owe on mine. (I bought mine when they 1st came out)

Mine fits me well and I love the power. It will never sound as good as the v-twin of the KFX, but it has IRS which is really great for clearance and trails.

brady000
01-13-2009, 03:04 PM
I appreciate your input. I am going to look at a few quads this weekend so it will be helpful.

KFXFreak
03-25-2009, 01:53 PM
My V has just bolt on's right now and it easily smokes any of the 400's and 450's and some 2 stroke 250 bikes also:D

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh260/KFXFREAK/IMG_4465B.jpg