PDA

View Full Version : 400ex smoking bad

carx_man
07-19-2007, 01:39 PM
I have a 2002 400ex The last time I rode my bike I forgot to turn the gas off. The gas was on for about a week, now when I ride it smokes real bad. It puffs blue smoke at idle and a steady blue trail at half to wot. I changed the oil it really didnt smell like gas but figured it would help I mean it surely didnt hurt to change it. The bike runs great and I can not tell any difference now in the way it runs from when I first bought it 7 months ago. Am I looking at replacing the rings or is it possibly the valve guides/seals are just destroyed? I have never seen anything smoke this bad with out running like complete crap. Any advice or opinions are greatly appriciated.

REDRIDDER
07-19-2007, 01:57 PM
run it fast up and down a trail see if it still smokes and if it does come back and post what you noticed.

davetheslave
07-19-2007, 04:03 PM
probably not stem seals.... Usually if its the stem seals it will smoke at start up, and then clear up after you ride it for a few.

RiderTRX400ex
07-19-2007, 04:47 PM
are you sure you just havent noticed the smoke before?? if you havent ridden it much, ride it a little longer to see if it clears out..

If not, time to spruce the ole top end up with some shiny parts

RiderTRX400ex
07-19-2007, 04:47 PM
one more thing, i see you have an exhaust and no airbox lid.. did you rejet for those mods??