PDA

View Full Version : A couple questions

250Renvy
07-18-2007, 10:36 PM
Hey Pappy,

How in the world do you get shipping for a frame so cheap? I can't find anywhere that can do it for less than $100 which will make it too much money to send to you so my questions.

I found a local powdercoater that can do a frame for $150 if blasted, but he doesn't have a wide selection of colors. I am looking for Honda red - IE 250R frame and YZ blue. Can I buy these off you or can you provide a reference color I.D. or something?

Also, if 250R side covers(aluminum) are powdercoated can they be blasted without damaging them or will they pit?

Thanks

Pappy
07-18-2007, 10:41 PM
I get cheaper rates due to the volume i ship annually. A 250r or 300 ex frame can get costly due to the overall size etc. Usually folks do not ship them here in a box, they shrink wrap them or just attach a shipping tag to them. When I ship them back they are either wrapped and shrink wrapped or boxed etc.

As far as he red, most any normal red will work and it is a basic color most any shop should have or can get. The cases can be coated, but all aluminum should be phospate coated before painting or pc is applied.