PDA

View Full Version : Want to do some upgrades...

Ride1Rob
07-18-2007, 09:50 PM
My son is loving the bike and he has definitely gotten faster and his skills are getting ALOT better while riding this bike. The shifting is no longer notchy and is actually rather smooth now. Other than the rear heelguards falling off, there have been no problems with the bike at all. There's no doubt that this was the best bang for the buck with all the aftermarket things that come on the bike stock. I want to do some upgrades but not sure exactly where to look or what will work. Maybe someone can help me out...

Here's what I'm thinking about doing to the 125 to get alil more HP and top end. I'm looking to put on a 26mm Carb, an aftermarket 26mm airfilter, and a 14t front sprocket for a bit longer gearing and more topend. I've emailed Wolfpack and Xtreme and haven't had any responses. I've seen some Carbs and manifolds on Ebay for $35 but can't find the UNI type filter to fit the 26mm. Where should I look in terms of a front sprocket as well? Will a front sprocket fit off of the Honda 90 motors? THanx guys!

guy310
07-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Shane from Wolfpack is on vacation until July 23rd. You can call him at 219-313-1424 and leave him a message and he will call you when he gets back. As far as ebay goes, if you are getting a carb and manifold for $35, I would wonder about that. Usually when it seems too good to be true, it probably is. I just ordered a carb and pipe and filter, I should be getting them in a couple of days and I will post a detailed report of what we find out.

azextreme
07-18-2007, 10:37 PM
You can Order the sprockets from extreme $8 each trx90s dont fit, as far as motor upgrades extreme has kits or look up tbolt racing they have a typhoon section!

Ride1Rob
07-19-2007, 08:05 AM
Thanx for the responses guys. As far as the pricing or the items on ebay being legit... There are numerous 26mm Mikuni carbs for these prices and these are sellers with lots of feedback. http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=26mm+carb&category0= I've tried finding the parts on Xtreme's website and see the UNI filter but it doesn't state what sizes they have to fit the different sized carbs. I guess I may have to call them to find out. What kind of pipe did you get and how much did you spend on the setup? I was thinking about a pipe but it may be too noisy for him to ride on my land in the neighborhood.

guy310
07-19-2007, 06:13 PM
I ordered from xtreme, a Mikuni VM26, and from minibikeoutlet.com, I ordered a BBR big bore pipe and a Two Brothers racing filter for that carburetor. I paid $205 for the pipe and about $20 for the filter. The carb is part of a kit I ordered so I am not sure exactly what I paid for it.

Ride1Rob
07-20-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by guy310
I ordered from xtreme, a Mikuni VM26, and from minibikeoutlet.com, I ordered a BBR big bore pipe and a Two Brothers racing filter for that carburetor. I paid $205 for the pipe and about $20 for the filter. The carb is part of a kit I ordered so I am not sure exactly what I paid for it.

What's the difference between the VM26mm Mikuni and a regular 26mm Mikuni? I see on ebay that the VM's are running for $100 and the regular 26's are running anywhere from $25-$35 :confused:

guy310
07-20-2007, 11:54 AM
I have no idea. I ordered the VM26 because that is what xtreme sells.

WMW-F4R
08-10-2007, 11:49 PM
you want the vm26 but i would suggest you buy it in a kit, we rejet and set the carb to work on an xtreme, otherwise you will be buying jets and rejetting yourself