PDA

View Full Version : shifting problem need help

BossHogg
07-18-2007, 06:58 PM
my cousin is sayin that his z400 is not shifting in to neutral is that norm or wat i think so cause my ltr450 is doing the same thing an i thought it was all suz that did that

05Z400rdr
07-18-2007, 08:24 PM
well do u mean it doesnt shift into neutral when it is running? if so, its most likely time for a new clutch...it does the same thing on my dads z, and used to do it on my old z, but if we would turn it off, it would go right into neutral, but when it was runnin, it would skip right over it...

Landon

Villageidiott83
07-23-2007, 11:22 AM
when running, rock the bike alil forward and back while shifting into neutral. should go right in.

mojavedude
08-06-2007, 06:47 PM
if you didnt fix it yet, the problem is that your clutch is not adjusted right. theres the adjustment on the clutch perch and about 10inches down theres and adjustment in the cable. you need to make it engage farther out because when you pulling in all the way, its still not fully disengaged. you know what i mean? just make it so there less slack in cable when your not touching the lever.

but leave alittle slack so your not riding with it always a little loose and it may start to slip.

honda300EXtreme
08-06-2007, 07:06 PM
yea make sure your cables adjusted.. if no difference.. .rev your bike a little bit and it will slip right in

05Z400rdr
08-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by mojavedude
if you didnt fix it yet, the problem is that your clutch is not adjusted right. theres the adjustment on the clutch perch and about 10inches down theres and adjustment in the cable. you need to make it engage farther out because when you pulling in all the way, its still not fully disengaged. you know what i mean? just make it so there less slack in cable when your not touching the lever.

but leave alittle slack so your not riding with it always a little loose and it may start to slip.

exactly right...i forgot to mention this in my last post, but yeah you hit the nail right on the head. like i said my dad's does this, but all it needed was the clutch adjusted. but, make sure it isnt too tight also because it could also tear your cable..that happened to me on my old 300ex..