PDA

View Full Version : Banshee handles like a**

creampuff
07-18-2007, 05:19 PM
My banshee handles like a covered wagon. It feels like the front shocks are blown out. Or do they all feel like that. I think I might need to try that yzf 450 front arms and shocks.

x rider1291
07-18-2007, 07:12 PM
haha...yea it is pretty bad but once u get the feel of a banshee it aint that bad...but yes yfz450 shocks and extended a arms would make a huge differencr in the handling...u also might wanna try
-1 or -2 swingarm that helps too...but yea man dont let the handling get u down its a great quad and the power...o man

creampuff
07-18-2007, 09:07 PM
yeah I wont let it get the best of me just yet. I also have a 2005 trx 450r that I am waiting on a motor for. I cant wait to ride it. I love to drag race on the banshee though thats forsure. We are gonna be dragging this week where I live there should be 15 bikes or so there. I will post pics. I was also wondering if there is a link to how to put the 450 arm on a banshee.

djguestone
07-19-2007, 03:27 PM
Go to Bansheehq.com under the suspension forum.
There's a perfect walk thru for that setup & member selling those kits. I agree on those stock shocks. I had to change them quick. Those YFZ shocks def give you a better ride!

creampuff
07-19-2007, 10:03 PM
Did you do the a arms as well? I know a guy here close that is selling some 450 arms and shocks, but I was just wondering about how hard they were to install.

Mxjunkie
07-23-2007, 04:32 AM
Just buy aftermarket shocks made for the Banshee, I hate my yfz shocks on mine.. Huge improvement over stock but the shocks do not work properly because you have to compress them quater to half inch.. They are really stiff and I've allready blown one side.

I also belive they caused this mishap that happened to my Banshee.. which lead to me rolling off the side of a table top.. :scary: :mad:

Flynbryan19
07-23-2007, 07:53 AM
Unfortunately that is the kind of thing that can happen when using shocks that weren't designed for your quad. Save up your money and buy shocks designed for your Banshee. Used or new if they're designed for your machine they'll handle way better than Yfz shocks.

djguestone
07-23-2007, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by creampuff
Did you do the a arms as well? I know a guy here close that is selling some 450 arms and shocks, but I was just wondering about how hard they were to install.
No, I only went with the yfz shocks...
I'll eventually have TCS Respring & Revalve them to my liking and all problems resolved. I run the shocks over Quicksand Arms +2+1.

creampuff
07-23-2007, 09:26 PM
Well I found a deal on some non resivor works shocks with no hours on them for $150. Then I might get some aftermarket arms and call it a day.

djguestone
07-24-2007, 01:51 PM
Well I found a deal on some non resivor works shocks with no hours on them for $150. Then I might get some aftermarket arms and call it a day.
Then there you go, even better!!!
You'll always find deals when patient enough, What A Arms you thinkin of?

x rider1291
07-24-2007, 07:47 PM
yea man u lucked out...me n my dad cant find anything for under 250$ and we dont have money to just dump on the quad ya kno...guess im gonna have to work more:scary:

creampuff
07-25-2007, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by djguestone
Then there you go, even better!!!
You'll always find deals when patient enough, What A Arms you thinkin of? I think I will just go with like some full flights or something cheap like that.

djguestone
07-26-2007, 02:08 PM
I think I will just go with like some full flights or something cheap like that.
Look around, take your time...
Check out different forums. Here's a good deal on A Arms
http://forums.everything2stroke.com/sale/19759-banshee-parts-sale.html

reconmaster
07-28-2007, 06:06 PM
even though i don't wrun a banshee but when i ahd my 300ex and put a 400ex front en dcause i snapped a front shoff. we had to modify the frame what abou if you guys did that to your banshees?