PDA

View Full Version : lt230s quadsport starts and other ?

Jimford
07-18-2007, 02:48 PM
Got the quad from a friend for my girlfriend. It is in really good shape. Minus the stator cover---chain!! Is there a trick to starting them. There is the choke lever and another lever on the other side of the carb. It gets good spark but doesnt start right up. All of a sudden it fires up and runs great. Not used to these suzukis. Hondas are simple. I have the clymers manual Just wanted to here some opinions!! Thanks boys/girls!!!!

cr80r
08-24-2007, 05:50 PM
with mine i just put the decompresson lever up and push it down a hill and throw it in gear it starts right up

85quadsport230
01-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Not sure what year yours is but mines an 85 and it starts right up. Easiest quad to start that i have ever rode. I also have a whole bunch of motor parts if you need anything message me. Sorry i have sold all of my stator covers already though.

jonboy
01-10-2009, 08:05 AM
If it has sat for a while before you got it, it wouldnt hurt to give the carb a good cleaning. Your pilot jet may have a bit of tarnish from stale gas and could cause it to not get enough fuel to start after the first few pulls