PDA

View Full Version : truck lift

KT-M
07-18-2007, 01:11 PM
Hey guys I want a lift on my 2000 f150 what size and brand for a suspension lift do you think is good. please post pics if you can.

Thanks

Ken

54warrior
07-18-2007, 02:08 PM
I've installed 2 Fabtech lifts on that style of F-150. Both were on friends of mine's trucks. Can say that the quality of the lift itself was top notch, the shocks that come with are disappointing. Not very good instructions or labeling of parts/hardware/fasteners.

I recently installed a ProComp lift on my Titan, and can say that the Instructions were better written with better pictures. I'll also say that ALL of the fasteners/hardware were clearly packaged and labeled. One bag of fasteners was for one bracket and another bag was for another, etc. The Fabtech kit came with one single bag of hardware that had to be sorted through to determine what was what.

If you are planning to install yourself, make sure you have plenty of wood/blocks to set the truck on. Also make sure you have the correct size socket for the front axle nuts (36mm if memory serves?). You will also need the tool to release the tension on the torsion bars as well. Don't try jimmy rigging some sorta tool for that either-you'll end up in the hospital.

That's about all the advice I can provide.

KT-M
07-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Thanks for your help much appreciated.:cool:

Ken