PDA

View Full Version : money

Ruby Soho
07-18-2007, 11:04 AM
i want to buy shocks and a pipe for my quad but since im 15 i cant work at any places. everyplace i applied said you need to be 16:mad: i really wanna work and earn money to buy stuff, but no, you gotta be 16.

just had to vent.. anybody got any good ideas how to make money? im trying to find odd jobs for people but thatll take forever:scary:

trx400EXtreme
07-18-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
i want to buy shocks and a pipe for my quad but since im 15 i cant work at any places. everyplace i applied said you need to be 16:mad: i really wanna work and earn money to buy stuff, but no, you gotta be 16.

just had to vent.. anybody got any good ideas how to make money? im trying to find odd jobs for people but thatll take forever:scary:

mowing lawns?? it sucks but it pays too.

Villageidiott83
07-18-2007, 11:09 AM
id say hold up a 7 eleven or something but i guess since u r 15 you cant drive either. hmmmmm. cutt lawns like he said

Ruby Soho
07-18-2007, 11:20 AM
thats the only thing i guess i can do haha

HondaEXrider22
07-18-2007, 11:59 AM
Break your arm, get pills, sell them. lol j/k Odd jobs, work with your parents, some jobs let 14 and 15 yo's to work

Quad18star
07-18-2007, 12:04 PM
At 15 , I was out working at some local stables shoveling horse chit out of the stalls. Wasn't the greatest job by any means , but at 15 , getting paid CASH every Friday was good enough for me... atleast I had spending money for the weekends.

TWISTED DINLI
07-18-2007, 01:01 PM
yea man i know how you feel. i need to get a job to so i can get a bigger quad and performance parts for it. i have been mowing this guys yard for 4 weeks but then he pretty much fired me and said his grandson was going to do it instead. but there is this like green house thing i think i am going to go work at and they pay cash and i would be making like $180 a week. not much but hey its cash i can use for my quads.:ermm:

Ghost-Rider
07-18-2007, 01:06 PM
At least you have jobs around you that you can work when your 16...i'm 16 and theres no place around me to work....i would like to get a job to save for a bigger quad but my truck aint cheap to fill up.

gncc025
07-18-2007, 01:50 PM
can someone say, lemonade stand:eek: :scary:

Trx250rider86
07-18-2007, 02:04 PM
Sell rocks

Ruby Soho
07-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Trx250rider86
Sell rocks

i wish, i got millions here

quad2xtreme
07-18-2007, 03:54 PM
At your age, I had a paper route, grass cutting job at a cemetery...pretty much a full time job because by the time you were done it was time to start over..., and snow shoveling. 15 is a tough time for a job. Many restaurants will hire dishwashers at 15 but it is a miserable job.

My wife's son made decent money powerwashing houses when he was 15 and 16. He could easily make $200 a day doing this. Once he got started, it was steady work. No guy is going to powerwash and scrub a rancher style house down if he can get out of it for $200. He generally did it with a friend and tried to get 2 houses done a day and split the money...the powerwasher was mine so he charged his friend an extra $10 a day to cover the powerwasher...somehow I never got this money. :D

When I was 12 and 13, I delivered papers, cut the grass of about 1/3 of my paper customers, and then shoveled snow for them. I used to clean windows too for various old ladies. The trick is to use ammonia and water solution with the black & white pages from the newspaper. Not sure why, but you don't get streaks and it cleans really well...plus the newspapers are free...just get everyone to save old newspapers for you. I used to charge $2 a window for both sides...of course this was back in 1980-1982.

If you have a suit, talk to the local funeral home. I also used to open and close the front door for people coming to the viewings. When I was 16, I used to drive one of the funeral cars to the cemetery...usually the hearse though...we often had the casket setup on the stand before everyone got to there.

Geez, I used to wash the 3 cars all the time at the funeral home too and wax them...waxing a black car is tough.

When I was 16 and 17, I used to buy old cars, do minor body work, then prime, paint, and sell. You have to be really careful with this though. You essentially want a near perfect car with just a bad paint job...if you try this, don't buy a charity case. All cars can be restored but it doesn't mean you should. If it is too beat up, stay away from it. I learned that if you couldn't turn it around in 7 days, then it wasn't worth touching.

/Jon

tar
07-18-2007, 11:00 PM
Mow lawns look for work on a farm

3exrider23
07-19-2007, 11:08 AM
im 15 now and ive been cutting lawns since i was in 7th grade. i just started out with me and my brother. my dad made me a deal and said if i cut his lawn the few other house he rents out hed start me off and buy me some equipment. i started with a blower, weedwaker, edger, a trash picked mower, and a new mower. now its just still me and my brother but we have 2 new toros, 2 echo weedwakers, 1 echo edger, 1 push edger, a echo blower, and a just bought a new exmark 8001 backpack blower. its pretty much a 450 dollar blower. my dad just mentioned it to me and said im pretty much set forever now and could have like 2 crews in the future. plus i always got guys wanting to work with me so im set with that. i was up to 14 lawns this year. some weekly. other 2 weeks. some were just whenever but its nice money and its only when its hot at here. i also just picked up a snowblower so im set for the winter too.

72 chevelle ss
07-19-2007, 11:24 AM
I was fortunate when I was younger. Both my uncles had their owns businesses. One was a mechanic, the other did home improvement.

I worked with the one who did home improvement 12-14. It was mostly grutn work. Carrying bags of cement, shingles, cleaning up but it was 10 an hour under the table so I was happy.

14-16 I worked with the mechanic. He had me doing simple stuff. Putting in new exhausts, gaskets, stuff like that. 8 an hour under the table, but fun as hell.

beaker1214
07-20-2007, 01:05 PM
mow yards man it pays awesome for a 15 year old I was making like 300 a week and when u dont have any bills that's sweet. once u get ur feet wet doing that then you can start getting new equipment and do that through high school. Its hard work but you work for yourself, still get to have a nightlife its a good way to get through high school.