PDA

View Full Version : Rear Brake or no Rear Brake

dvxxx400
07-18-2007, 09:23 AM
This is my second year racing, and i need some advise from you guys. What i have the most trouble with is spinning out while braking for a tight corner. First of all, i think i ride in too deep, too fast, and then i'm too wide on exit or lock up the rear and spin out. i have blown many of holeshots this year by doing this. can you guys Help...Maybe some of your techniques...

300exQuadracer
07-18-2007, 02:39 PM
i like to get on the fronts just as much as the rears but a lot of corners is outbraking the other guy and beating em out the hole... or even better yet dont use the brakes and power through the corner...also you can get on the fronts hard and get the back to break loose a bit and power through ..
its basically in what your comfortable with

patrickj75
07-18-2007, 08:11 PM
i hardly ever use rear brakes anymore unless i need to stop fast to avoid hitting something. i learned from a friend who used to race Pro class that the rear brake will slow down the motor too much.

dvxxx400
07-19-2007, 07:45 AM
i have started using the fronts more and it seems to help, anybody else have any suggestions?

flattrack450
07-23-2007, 09:34 AM
like patrickj said. never really used much rear brake when i raced. just be careful with the fronts. too soft on the front suspension, coupled with heavy front brakes and heavy throttle (wheel spin) will almost always have you pointed the wrong direction. found that out the hard way a few years back at the Paducah Nat'l... several times in one day!