PDA

View Full Version : Racer X is no more...

racerx573
07-18-2007, 02:02 AM
Regretfully.. The "Original" Racer X will no longer be. I am hanging it up for now.. who knows I may get back into eventually. But for now...it's time to move on. It's hard to "keep up with the Jones's" when it comes to this sport nowadays. Had things not gone production, I could have seen myself continuing this, but 9 years and tens of thousands of dollars later, and tens of thousands of miles traveled... it's time to get on with it.. Those of you who know me, know how much I love this sport and how much I love racing, so you know how hard it is for me to do it...

Mxjunkie
07-18-2007, 04:42 AM
Ah it's not all about keeping up with the Jones! I think as long as you have fun that's all racing is about. :macho

smartypants
07-18-2007, 05:48 AM
I know the feeling, I gave up the sport about a year ago or so. Just too fuggin expensive....:ermm:

Pappy
07-18-2007, 05:50 AM
atleast your health didnt take you off the quad:grr::(

smartypants
07-18-2007, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
atleast your health didnt take you off the quad:grr::(

Very true. I can probably say that I'm in better shape and health now than I ever was while riding quads. This biking stuff will kick your *** everytime you go out and tackle the hills. I just clicked over 400 miles this past weekend, that's all offroad riding...:eek2:

ZeroLogic
07-18-2007, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by racerx573
Regretfully.. The "Original" Racer X will no longer be. I am hanging it up for now.. who knows I may get back into eventually. But for now...it's time to move on. It's hard to "keep up with the Jones's" when it comes to this sport nowadays. Had things not gone production, I could have seen myself continuing this, but 9 years and tens of thousands of dollars later, and tens of thousands of miles traveled... it's time to get on with it.. Those of you who know me, know how much I love this sport and how much I love racing, so you know how hard it is for me to do it...

I'm not sure if I know who you are, but some people got to move on. This type of sport demands so much money. I have dumped in over the years of riding around 10 grand, and I don't even race. Parts brake when you go out just for a quick ride. Its hard to keep up with the new parts comming out and the racers. I know how you feel bro. Its a strain on your body and your walet. Good luck.:ermm:

Pappy
07-18-2007, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by smartypants
Very true. I can probably say that I'm in better shape and health now than I ever was while riding quads. This biking stuff will kick your *** everytime you go out and tackle the hills. I just clicked over 400 miles this past weekend, that's all offroad riding...:eek2:

last i saw you you was skin and bones, lookin more like some europeon bike racer then the quad rider beer drinker i knew you as:p its only been the past 4 months or so that i can walk straight without being dizzy and i can actually drive over the speed limit:eek2: ofcourse as soon as i started feeling better i break my foot again (still wasnt healed from 05) :mad:

jason, your not the only one that has said enough is enough when it comes to following the race circuit. the cost of travel and lodging is huge and we all know the cost of prepping a race quad and maintaining it. take some time off, enjoy yourself and have FUN not having the self imposed pressure the racing life brings

450raider
07-18-2007, 03:15 PM
i know i dont know you or anything and am relatively a newb compared to your time on here but id say dont hang it up completely just go back to regular weekend riding and get back to your roots (thats where everyone begins, first quad, and a little trail time) i dont even race and ive blown well over 25k and lost a few jobs between all the quads ive had combined and i reallydont see me stopping anytime soon, anyway good luck in whatever it is your gonna be into, id say dont quit all ridin altogether after all its not about keeping up with the jones's its about smokin the jones's.

mx428
07-18-2007, 03:21 PM
I thought you meant the magazine, i was actually upset for a minute.

stocktires
07-18-2007, 09:28 PM
I wish you wouldn't go, but it's easy to understand.
I think the move to production quads has really set the sport back in a huge way.

Ghost-Rider
07-18-2007, 09:33 PM
You'll still ride right?

my88r
07-18-2007, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
You'll still ride right?

i hope you will still ride but not race.for me to stop rideing quads any more i just couldnt do it. its what i love and most people on this site know what i mean.

smartypants
07-19-2007, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
last i saw you you was skin and bones, lookin more like some europeon bike racer then the quad rider beer drinker i knew you as:p its only been the past 4 months or so that i can walk straight without being dizzy and i can actually drive over the speed limit:eek2: ofcourse as soon as i started feeling better i break my foot again (still wasnt healed from 05) :mad:

Well I have kept all my riding gear as my love for 2 wheels has sparked a small fire to get a dirtbike in the next year or two...:devil:

bradley300
07-19-2007, 12:49 PM
before you quit completly, try xc. it loos like you do mx, xc is way cheaper, especially when you are comparing the national series

250rmike
07-19-2007, 01:25 PM
some times you just got to take a break you get worn out. ive been trying to get back into racing for a while now. just find something else you like to do with your time and if you feel like coming back then you can good luck

racerx573
07-19-2007, 09:30 PM
I've considered XC, but even then, I'd have to dish out more money to convert one of the bikes to an XC bike.. someone find me some LT t-pin +2 a-arms ;-) haha.
I was probly just gonna sell them and maybe buy a new Honda just to play on in the trails. and maybe do some XC.. I heard it is an easier switch from MX to XC..

zedicus00
07-20-2007, 07:39 AM
dang man i cant imagine giving it up cold turkey, you been around forever. you should atleast keep one quad so in a couple of years you wont be kickin yurself wishin u had stayed in it.

bradley300
07-20-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by racerx573
I've considered XC, but even then, I'd have to dish out more money to convert one of the bikes to an XC bike.. someone find me some LT t-pin +2 a-arms ;-) haha.
I was probly just gonna sell them and maybe buy a new Honda just to play on in the trails. and maybe do some XC.. I heard it is an easier switch from MX to XC..

you could sell your suspension and buy new (gt thunder has a awesome front end conversion if you still have some stock shocks laying around, cheap too. 1700 ish for a-arms, revalves for all the shocks and a linkage) and then you just need some skids. and tires. beadlocks, big tanks and the like are all nice, but you dont need it right away. even with the parts you break, running the GNCC's is way cheaper than the GNC's

i would say its way easier switchmg from mx to xc instead on vise versa. i raced the 12 hours with a mx'er (never even ridden on trails) and he said the hardest thing to get used to was the stop and go in the woods vs. the WFO all the time on a mx track