PDA

View Full Version : Slip On Questions

BigRed&Goldie
07-17-2007, 11:52 PM
Im trying to get back into desert racing after a couple of years on a new '05 450r that I am currently building. Im looking to upgrade my exhaust with a slip on and use the factory head pipe.

Will I notice an appreciable power increase with a slip on ( DR. Dubach, HMF, etc.) ? I was thinking the factory head pipe must be alright on the '05 r becuase it isnt replaced in the HRC kit.

I will be running a HC stage 2 and a Curtis Sparks intake with the slip on. Im not looking for monsterous power, just to uncork its potential while maintaining reliability. I dont want to spend an extra $200 on a full system if I dont have to.

Thanks for the help!

hendershot106
07-18-2007, 07:17 AM
U CANT GO WRONG WITH A HMF!

CHEVYZ
07-18-2007, 07:46 AM
The stock headpipe is very small and restrictive. If you really want to get your best bang for the buck, there is no other option but to get a full system.

But, if you are going to get a slip-on, I would say to go with HMF.

07-18-2007, 07:49 AM
I have used both. I have a Yosh now. I was happy with all of them. I run a quiet core in all my pipes because of the 96db level where I race. I like the look of the Yosh better and it is quieter.

BlaineKaiser450
07-18-2007, 10:30 AM
I would get a yosh for a slip on but a Rossier (full system) is only a little more than a Yosh (slip on)