PDA

View Full Version : Carbs....

stylenb
07-17-2007, 08:26 PM
Now, maybe all these questions have been answered. But I can't seem to find them.....well I didn't try real hard :)

First, 36mm Airstryker or 36mm TMXX?
(XC, Hill climbing, Trail riding)

Next, I see these carbs for sale on ESR and the likes, but there are a ton of them on ebay from different bikes.....honda, yamaha, whatever.

Besides the cables, are the carbs specific to a model? Is a 36mm tmxx a 36mm tmxx no matter what it came off?

Or 38mm Airstryker from say Duncan the same as the one on a 2000 cr250?

I have the 01 cr250 ignition, would it work with the 01 cr carb and all the electronics hooked up? Does this make a difference?

Are the bigger PJ's any good?

When a carb is bored out, is there any other benefit besides just being bigger? Does the polishing of the inside make it better? Smooth bore or whatever?

Sorry for my ignorance, I would like to try a bigger carb, with a small budget :)

deathman53
07-17-2007, 08:49 PM
the carb you want is from a yz250, mid 90's-current models. Its the same thing as a 38 a/s carb.

Aceman
07-17-2007, 10:30 PM
Make sure when you buy the carb it IS indeed an air striker if that's what you're after. I've seen more sellers than I can count calling all pwk carbs air strikers. Have them post a pic of the intake side of the carb, an air striker will have fins at the bottom(or so I'm told). If it doesn't it's probably just a standard quad vent pwk. Not that those are a bad carb either.

stylenb
07-18-2007, 10:35 AM
Thanks for that info, I will add the yz250 carb to my search, I did notice the airstryker has the wing....

anyone else on the other ?'s

bardeenm1
07-19-2007, 07:33 AM
The model # on an as should end in "AS" and can be referenced on keihens website. So ask for the #'s and reference them then you'll know for sure what you're getting.