PDA

View Full Version : elka question

Ruby Soho
07-17-2007, 07:51 PM
i ran into alittle more money, not much but i think i could do alittle better than 450r front shocks. i saw elka's standard shock for like 460$ there triple rate with no rezzies or adj. i know thats not the best top of the line shock, but i mean cmon it has to be a great upgrade over stock shocks no? my friend has works on his quad and i dont like them at all so i figuired this would be good. opnions? i dont race just trails for the most part and the occasional trip to an open practice

07-18-2007, 10:56 AM
resevoir suspension you will see the biggest difference. I would just save up for some dual rate resevoir shocks. Maybe not elka but there are many other great companies out there. iSHOCK are great along with PEP, Fox, Ohlins and many others. Elka seem to be a little on the pricey side.

300exOH
07-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Why not just send the 450r shocks out to C&D or GT thunder for a rebuild? 450r shocks when properly set up can be as good if not better than the elka econo shocks. Reservoirs will not make a difference as far as "feel" goes but they will not fade as easily because of the extra fluid and cooling capacity of the rezzies.

Ruby Soho
07-18-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
resevoir suspension you will see the biggest difference. I would just save up for some dual rate resevoir shocks. Maybe not elka but there are many other great companies out there. iSHOCK are great along with PEP, Fox, Ohlins and many others. Elka seem to be a little on the pricey side.

what places sell PEP, FOX, and ohlins shocks?

and 300exOH, part of the reason im not getting the 450 shocks is because my parents dont want to use ebay or paypal for used shocks:ermm:

300exOH
07-18-2007, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
what places sell PEP, FOX, and ohlins shocks?

and 300exOH, part of the reason im not getting the 450 shocks is because my parents dont want to use ebay or paypal for used shocks:ermm:

Sorry I was assuming you already had the 450r shocks. :ermm: I have the elka econo shocks on my quad and I've been very happy with them but you have to be very specific (and honest) about your riding style when you order them. I've heard great things about the PEP's also but you will have to wait a bit longer for them. I'm told it's worth the wait though. I'm not sure who sells them though since I've never looked into it.

Ruby Soho
07-18-2007, 11:18 AM
its no problem. id really like to get peps but where ever i HAVE seen them, there like 2,000:eek2:

i read something about their standard race shocks that their kind of cheap. but can't find any place that sells them. im also on a very tight budget so i cant spend like 800 dollars:scary:

07-18-2007, 11:20 AM
check out the main sites for the companies andeither email them or give them a call. They will set the shocks up for your riding style and weight and give you a quote. You can but some suspension at www.motosport.com I think they have the iSHOCK fronts. Go to google and type in the comapany follwed by suspension and you will most likely find a place to buy them.

300exOH
07-18-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
its no problem. id really like to get peps but where ever i HAVE seen them, there like 2,000:eek2:

i read something about their standard race shocks that their kind of cheap. but can't find any place that sells them. im also on a very tight budget so i cant spend like 800 dollars:scary:

That's exactly why I went with the elkas...a bit better than works and cheaper than most of the others on the market.

Here's a couple links I found for the PEP's in case you're interested... I found them by doing a quick search on google...

http://pepshocks.com/

http://www.danacreechracing.com/categories/suspension-2.html

I believe C&D sells them as well but I couldn't get the page to come up for some reason.

Ruby Soho
07-18-2007, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the links. dana creech has 650$ peps. not bad, guess im going to have to start mowing some lawns haha