PDA

View Full Version : My brother is off to college. must see pics

dirtbike&quad
07-17-2007, 05:00 PM
well my bro is off to college. its been about 3 weeks since hes left.
well enough small talk. he is going to USMA (west point) and if you have never been up there i HIGHLY suggest taking a visit even if you arent interested in the college itself. You can take a ferry over to an island that the college owns and take a tour and listen and learn about American History, and how we defeated the British in that area of the Hudson with the chain rope...other things like the football stadium are amazing and just the overall campus buildings are a site of its own.
well anyways, heres the pics

some random kid in the picture...look at the beautiful building in the background

GPracer2500
07-17-2007, 05:08 PM
West Point.....impressive.

dirtbike&quad
07-17-2007, 05:15 PM
view from the other side of the hudson

dirtbike&quad
07-17-2007, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by GPracer2500
West Point.....impressive.

ur from Arizona so i bet you havent been all the day out here to see west point, but if youre around the area i suggest going to see it!

hope the pics arent too bad. should be pretty clearly pics yea?

dirtbike&quad
07-17-2007, 05:18 PM
:D

dirtbike&quad
07-17-2007, 05:19 PM
nice to have classrooms look like this huh:

dirtbike&quad
07-17-2007, 05:20 PM
new cadets! HOOAH

i have more pics but dont feel like postin

hope you enjoyed. take a visit some day ;)

Gray33
07-17-2007, 05:22 PM
When you go to west point you get a history lesseon with out even wanting one. The buildings are really nice and a joy to look at. My cuzen plays basketball up at west point JOHn moonshower. He isnt a starter but he still loves it.

ZeroLogic
07-17-2007, 06:20 PM
West point is an amazing place. Good luck to your bro and congrats.

MX MaNiAc 06
07-17-2007, 06:30 PM
I went a few years ago for my uncles graduation. It is a pretty amazing place.

Aceman
07-17-2007, 08:23 PM
HOLY MOSES!! Those buildings are huge! That definitely is a sight to see I'm sure.

GPracer2500
07-17-2007, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by dirtbike&quad
ur from Arizona so i bet you havent been all the day out here to see west point, but if youre around the area i suggest going to see it!

hope the pics arent too bad. should be pretty clearly pics yea?

I've not been there. I was just commenting on West Point's reputation for academic and athletic excellence. Perhaps I've just been influenced by a guy from my high school that went there (A student and the school's star in three different sports). But I'm pretty sure there's plenty of folks who would like to go to West Point but could never get in.

troyleepred719
07-17-2007, 09:29 PM
The buildings at West Point, are absolutely amazing, but the history in those walls, is bone chilling.......

250r4life
07-18-2007, 01:10 AM
I've not been there. I was just commenting on West Point's reputation for academic and athletic excellence. Perhaps I've just been influenced by a guy from my high school that went there (A student and the school's star in three different sports). But I'm pretty sure there's plenty of folks who would like to go to West Point but could never get in.

which high school did you go to and what is the persons name? i know somebody like that that is around your age that went there...

dirtbike&quad
07-18-2007, 08:14 AM
yea my brother was a very good student. 3.9 gpa in all IB classes, 2080 on his sats (top 9%), was named student athlete for our whole school, and got a bazillion scholarships from our town, county and government.

go army beat navy

GPracer2500
07-18-2007, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by 250r4life
which high school did you go to and what is the persons name? i know somebody like that that is around your age that went there...

Ted Radke, Rochester High, Rochester Illiniois. Pretty sure when I was a freshman he was a senior. Only reason I new him at all was because we both ran track.

GPracer2500
07-18-2007, 09:22 AM
yea my brother was a very good student. 3.9 gpa in all IB classes, 2080 on his sats (top 9%), was named student athlete for our whole school, and got a bazillion scholarships from our town, county and government.

go army beat navy

Exactly. West Point takes the best.
Sounds like you're rightfully proud.

OutlawBill
07-18-2007, 09:49 AM

go army beat navy

Glad he went Army. He is now going through hell now and the first year is the toughest so when he calls tell him this Ret SFC keep it up and never quit. The only time he get to rest is when he is asleep and he is not getting much of that now. When is awake every thing he does is wrong and an upperclassman will be yelling at him telling him so. Even if he did every thing100% correct it will be wrong. So tell just to say yes Sir No Sir three bags full Sir. (He should leave the three bags part out because he will be very, very wrong and he will be very, very sore and get no sleep for a week if lucky)

250r4life
07-18-2007, 10:22 AM
Ted Radke, Rochester High, Rochester Illiniois. Pretty sure when I was a freshman he was a senior. Only reason I new him at all was because we both ran track.

oh... i was thinking you were from the valley...

i know a guy who was a 4 year starter at Highland and then he went and played fullback for westpoint... but i think his freshman year there was back in 98...

250r4life
07-18-2007, 10:23 AM

i know a guy who was a 4 year starter at Highland and then he went and played fullback for westpoint... but i think his freshman year there was back in 98...

250r4life
07-18-2007, 10:23 AM

dirtbike&quad
07-18-2007, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by OutlawBill
Glad he went Army. He is now going through hell now and the first year is the toughest so when he calls tell him this Ret SFC keep it up and never quit. The only time he get to rest is when he is asleep and he is not getting much of that now. When is awake every thing he does is wrong and an upperclassman will be yelling at him telling him so. Even if he did every thing100% correct it will be wrong. So tell just to say yes Sir No Sir three bags full Sir. (He should leave the three bags part out because he will be very, very wrong and he will be very, very sore and get no sleep for a week if lucky)

haha yea he wrote home he said its not terrible and on sundays he gets a little rest time..he says all he thinks about is sleeping. he said everything is a pain in the arse but he said he knows it will pay off in the end.

i think its pretty cool my bro is goin to west point, i think when he gets home he'll actually be able to do more push ups then me. so far hes done 40 when i did 60...ha ha ha

dirtbike&quad
07-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by OutlawBill

haha yea he wrote home he said its not terrible and on sundays he gets a little rest time..he says all he thinks about is sleeping. he said everything is a pain in the arse but he said he knows it will pay off in the end.

i think its pretty cool my bro is goin to west point, i think when he gets home he'll actually be able to do more push ups then me. so far hes done 40 when i did 60...ha ha ha