PDA

View Full Version : How does my weight loss plan look.

mine
07-17-2007, 02:50 PM
I've been on this plan for a bout 2 weeks now, I started at 245lbs and am now 237. What would you change. Just looking to see what you guys think.

breakfast - i have a serving of mini weats(skim milk), 300 mg of caffien(1.5 servings) and 37.5 mg ephedra (also 1.5 servings due to my bigger self) I dont plan on using epedra nor caffine for to much longer, its just to help rid of this excess body fat.

snack - 1 fruit OR carrots OR dry mini wheats tons of fiber.

pre workout/cardio - 48g whey protein mixed with 10oz water 100mg caffiene,12.5mg epedra.

Hit the gym - I do my weight, spread out excercise no more than two mucles a day ( nothing extreme ) with atleast 30 minute cardio non stop.

Lunch - 2 slices whole wehat bread with 4-6 oz white chicken low fat mayo, lettuce and low fat cheese.

snack 2 - Same as snack 1, possibly a hand full of checks mix

Dinner - usually 3 course with a meat/veggie/ and mash potoate or some other sort of side.

snack 3 - same as snack 1

Guidlines - no eating after 7:30, atleast a half gallon/water a day,atleast 30 minutes of out of gym activities(i.e, mnt biking/running/walking/basketball etc...)

What do you guys think. Anything you would reccomend changing.

Serious replies only please

Thanks
Mike,

BlaineKaiser450
07-17-2007, 03:08 PM
i think that looks good!

mx428
07-17-2007, 03:11 PM
Looks pretty good, just limit using Pineapple or Watermellon as your snack because it causes a spike in your blood sugar, only eat those fruits with a full stomach or in company with a meal. They will make you feel hungrier.

Nausty
07-17-2007, 03:20 PM
That'll would work great if you stick w/ it.

Since i've been in the military i can see how changing habits make a differance. day to day and month to month. I've fluctuated so much in the past 2 years. 215 when I came in, 165 after basic. (not exagerating 50lbs in 2 months) Now 210 since I got back from iraq and starting drinking beer and getting lazy. You can tell a huge differance over time if you change your habits.

My guts grown a lil much and i'm gonna try to bring it down a lil again by goin from beer to liquer. Cutting out the soda period. (200 cal?They add up quick!), running more on my own, and not eating big meals so late and finally no junk food period.

A habit of running and swimming does wonders after a couple months.

I got a fatass roomate in the barracks 240+lbs always trying to lose weight by skipping meals and ****, then every 2 hours hes hungery and decides to have a little debbie snack..... Don't do that!

mine
07-17-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
That'll would work great if you stick w/ it.

Since i've been in the military i can see how changing habits make a differance. day to day and month to month. I've fluctuated so much in the past 2 years. 215 when I came in, 165 after basic. (not exagerating 50lbs in 2 months) Now 210 since I got back from iraq and starting drinking beer and getting lazy. You can tell a huge differance over time if you change your habits.

My guts grown a lil much and i'm gonna try to bring it down a lil again by goin from beer to liquer. Cutting out the soda period. (200 cal?They add up quick!), running more on my own, and not eating big meals so late and finally no junk food period.

A habit of running and swimming does wonders after a couple months.

I got a fatass roomate in the barracks 240+lbs always trying to lose weight by skipping meals and ****, then every 2 hours hes hungery and decides to have a little debbie snack..... Don't do that!

Yep, thanks for the reply, put down that 40 and hit the cardio room. Its amazing how much carbs and starch beer has in it.

After a while (going to gym/living healthy) you start seeing results, thats when your hooked.Althogh the slightest little bit you get lazy, its so much easier to give up. I know if i skip a day of gym, it will gradually just go downhill. So im pretty motivated/dedicated right now. Set a goal. It makes the pyscological part so much easier.

mine
07-17-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by mx428
Looks pretty good, just limit using Pineapple or Watermellon as your snack because it causes a spike in your blood sugar, only eat those fruits with a full stomach or in company with a meal. They will make you feel hungrier.

I try to stay away from anything high in sugar/fat or carbs although a fruit with natural sugars 0nce or twice a day isnt that bad, mixed along with a healthy veggie such as broccoli or carrots.

Mxjunkie
07-17-2007, 03:51 PM
My dad's business partner was every bit of 330+ pounds, now he's 200 pounds and he's now getting into jogging and such to cut even more.. He would cook dinner in the morning then eat breakfest at night, that way when he ate in the morning he actually burned all that during the day and at dinner time he had maybe a bowl of oat-meal, couple pancakes. It make's sense because you figure, at dinner time if you eat two steaks, two baked taters and only god knows what else.. you just go and sit down, then you usually go to bed.. All that food is just sitting in your stomach.

sly400ex
07-17-2007, 05:02 PM
Sounds like you're on your way! Maybe increase your water intake a little more.

mine
07-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by sly400ex
Sounds like you're on your way! Maybe increase your water intake a little more.

on a good day i'll have a little over a gallon, But i like to have .5 at the minumum.

dirtbike&quad
07-18-2007, 08:23 AM
i find it hard to believe that you're actually going to do that everyday, but good luck. how much are you looking to cut?

hungus07trx400
07-18-2007, 10:00 AM
I lost 60 pounds in 4 and half months by eating 5 250 calorie meals a day at 8 am, 11 am, 2 pm, 5 pm, and 8 pm. Very low sugar intake, low carb, low fat, lots of lean meat and green veggies. Fat free cheese, fat free ranch dressing. I only run about once a week and lift a lot of weights. started at 210 now 150. Eating more, smaller meals every three hours keeps your metabolism up the same way all those pills do, and you don't put yourself at risk for heart problems

OutlawBill
07-18-2007, 10:31 AM
Sounds good I would drop the epedra. I went from 265 too 195 just count the carbs, cut the fat, eat the green veggies, and reduce the size of my meals. Fruit is good small snack. For a workout I use a Total Gym for 30 min 3 times a week and MB on the weekend. You have too kept it up for the rest of your life. I have slip back a little I went up too 224 lbs because I reduced my work out and eat a little more. I am back on the program and back down too 220 and going down.

bansheeguy
07-18-2007, 04:28 PM
lifting complexes is great for burning fat. Go to T-nation.com there is a LOT of good info on there.

Glamis400ex
07-20-2007, 10:52 PM
This is what I've done for the past 7 weeks. I was at 242. Today I was 220.

Breakfast: 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt, 1/2 cup low-fat granola and 1 banana mixed in. Occasionally a low carb bagel. Coffee.

Snack:9:30 Bagel w/ cream cheese or apple. I know...cream cheese is bad but a little fat makes you feel fuller, longer.

Lunch: Either a chicken breast or a green salad with a can of tuna dumped on top. Lite vinegrette dressing. Apple and banana

Snack: 3:00 apple or banana on drive home from work.

Dinner: Either fish or chicken (occasionally beef) green salad or vegetable

No soda in 2 months...lotsa water.

Joined a gym and take a boxing class 2 times a week. The other 5 days I still go to the gym and either run on the treadmill or do the eliptical machine for 45 minutes.

22 pounds in 7 weeks....not too shabby. Looking to get to 190-195. Should be there in 2 months. Now I won't need to revalve my rear shock...LOL

Keep it up.

Glamis

mine
07-20-2007, 11:57 PM
Thanks for the post glamis, getting the suspension redone is the only downfall of losing weight. :( But if I could pay for pounds to fall off, i would probably be broke.haha

I havent drank an ounce of sodain the past 12 months and it just makes dieting so much easier.I 've read alot of stories of people eating low carbs. Im going to mix up my diet alittle more, try to get more green vegetables in, and have no more than 20g of carbs a day.

Ace Sixx
07-21-2007, 05:45 AM
Number One: get off the ephedra! That **** has been linked to numerous athletes' deaths. You don't need it!

That said, you should do you cardio first thing in the morning and on an empty stomach. Do an hour. Your body, lacking any fuel in the blood stream, will tap into and burn fat stores for energy.

And this nonsense about staying away from carbohydrates is ridiculous--especially if you're hitting the weights hard. You need complex carbs to fuel your muscles properly.

Speaking of your workout, you should move it to the afternoon if possible.

I don't know how many calories you're planning to eat everyday, but whatever that total is, I'd strive for a percentage of 50/35/15 for your carbs/protein/fat. (remember, 1 gram of carb is 4 calories; 1 gram of protein is 4 calories and 1 gram of fat is 9 calories). hungus07trx400 hit the nail on the head with his meal plan (five spread throughout the day). If you could set up something like that it would be a winner.

I wish I could continue this right now but I'm short on time. Perhaps I can post more later...

bwamos
07-23-2007, 07:57 AM
#1 GET RID OF THE EPHEDRA. You don't need it. If you want an energy boost try some green tea extract. ;) Heavy doses of ephedra will, not may, will damage the heart. And, isn't the point of weightloss to really become healthier?

#2 You plan looks great. Except you may be a tad low on fats. But, the plan always has less fats than we consume.. lol. So you're probably ok. You need to make sure you have 20-25% of your calories coming from healthy fats. If you're gonna be low. Grab a handful of walnuts or something similar. ;) You'r body needs those fats to keep your joints healthy, and many vitamins are fat soluable so you need some fat to keep from becoming vitamin deficent.

Looks like you're about 45% Protein, 35% carbs, 20% fats making assumptions on the dinner (minus the mashed potatoes, see below).

My only other observation would be:
If you want to maximize your fat burning while sleeping. Cut out almost all carbs during your evening meal. If you have no carbs to burn while sleeping, your body will burn fat in order to repair itself.

Substitute that with some more fruits/juice right after exercising to get energy stores back into your muscles for tommorows workout. ;) You could also saute' some veggies that you like in some olive oil at dinner time instead fo the potatoes. Stay away from starches (bread/potatoes) during your evening meal.

Also to maximise weightloss, dropping your carbs to 30% and increasing your fats to 25% will actually help you loose weight faster. Less carbs to burn for quick energy = more fat stores burnt. ;)

Great for a short term diet. Long term you want to stay more balanced. 38p/38c/24f is the diet I generally maintain for maximum sustained energy.

Check out Fitday.com It's a great free online tool to track your eating habits and goals.

Warnerade
07-23-2007, 07:20 PM
you should try and figure out different meal plans...if your actually counting your calories, fat, carbs, and protein...if not more...keep your carbs around 200-250 grams and protien around 150-200 grams..then every 3rd day fluctuate your numbers, take 100 carbs out and add 100 grams of protein...mixing up your diet a little will work wonders.

try to drink ATLEAST 1 gallon of water a day...16oz. between meals is optimal

cut out the low fat mayo, and even the cheese if you can tolerate it.

Get yourself some flax seed oil and mix in a table spoon with your protein shake, it only makes it taste a bit nutty, I actually like it.

Flaxseed Oil is a healthy fat, which in turn actually helps you burn more stored fat. You wanna keep your grams of fat around 40-50 a day....and keep your saturated fat as low as possible, if you can keep it under 10 a day...your doing just fine.

300excrazy98
07-23-2007, 10:17 PM
Your biggest meal should be in the morning, and smallest before you go to sleep.

300excrazy98
07-23-2007, 10:25 PM
Your biggest meal should be in the morning, and smallest before you go to sleep.

roundsy
07-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Not sure whether this is a fact or opinion question, but is it better to take the protein shake before or right after your workout?

Warnerade
07-25-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by roundsy
Not sure whether this is a fact or opinion question, but is it better to take the protein shake before or right after your workout? both...take 1 scoop roughly 30 minutes before your workout...and take 2 scoops directly after.

roundsy
07-25-2007, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
both...take 1 scoop roughly 30 minutes before your workout...and take 2 scoops directly after.

how many grams of that stuff should you take on workout days?

Warnerade
07-26-2007, 02:58 AM
I try and take in anywhere from 200-250 grams per day....you wanna get about 1-1.5 grams per pound of bodyweight.