PDA

View Full Version : Your opinions..

Foxracing047
07-17-2007, 01:44 PM
on what colors to get for my bike. I wanted to stick with the red/black/white theme..the gold rims should be gone this week and I'm hoping to have the swingarm blasted then painted black.

My next buy is nerfs and I am not sure on what would look the best. Black with black nets, silver with black, silver with red, black with red and so on.

Over the winter I plan on doin a quick tear down to possibly have the frame powder coated a different color.

opinions on colors or even different color schemes for the whole bike in general would be appreciated

I also thought of possibly doing a red plastic/black hood,tank,and seat and havin the frame powdercoated thatsilvervein.

I've also been thinkin about doin some graphics on it and need something that is different and unique..

250Renvy
07-17-2007, 02:48 PM
If you are going to fudge with the stock setup/color scheme. Here's my Opinion and .02

1st. If you don't like the gold, find an aftermarket or already messed with swingarm because some people will pay good money for a stock painted(gold) swingarm. Once you strip it off, you can't go back.

2nd. Do not do the generic black frame/swingarm/a-arms thing because I can tell you the black dulls quickly and looks bad and doesn't make the bike POP. I like blue, but if you compare a red bike to a blue bike and ask which looks better, most will say red because it POP's

3rd. If you are going to strip and powder your frame, it's just my opinion but the silvervein is the fugliest concoction they have come up with. No combination of graphics/fenders will look good with a silvervein frame, except MAYBE silver plastic.

So some suggestions.

Red Frame, Silver Swingarm/arms, blue/black plastic with nacs silver graphics, Black nerfs with Red nets

Or

Red frame, white plasticsw/black center with Black nerfs and Red nets and black swinger/arms.

I could probably photoshop and combo for you.

Foxracing047
07-17-2007, 03:05 PM
my first option i was gonna choose was your second suggestion. I already have the black +3 arms, and white plastic so I was just gonna ride to find a quad tech hood and get a black seat cover with the black nerfs.

I beleive I have another swing arm in the shed that I could have done in black.

I wasnt sure on what to get for graphics for that combo. I was lookin at the ct racing in red..http://www.atvgraphicman.com/img/atvgraphics/ctracing/ct-racing-trx250r-graphic-kit-red.jpg

zedicus00
07-17-2007, 03:38 PM
im of the less is more style. iether get gold anodyzed rear rims or silver fronts so they match. and i agree with the dont mess up good stock parts thing. 99.9% of thouse sticker kits look fugly and then when sumone slaps them on and doesnt do it right and thei get airbubles and streaks in them it looks that much worse.

pic a good color scheme if u want to and stick with it. think of 1 or 2 full colors and then use an accent collor. like red/white with billet/chrome accents. or as an extreme yellow and black with candy purple accents. (ive seen it on a banshee, looked cool actually.) you dont want more then 3 colors i dont think.

and find a way to make the seat cover look like it fits in.

anyways all this is just my opinion but honestly, tell me that 16 yr old kids atv you seen at the park last weekend that was 27 colors and coerred end to end with sticker kits looks good and you will just be lieing to us all.

(note: personaly i think yur quad looks better then the one in the pic, if you had matching wheels.)

Foxracing047
07-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by zedicus00
im of the less is more style. iether get gold anodyzed rear rims or silver fronts so they match. and i agree with the dont mess up good stock parts thing. 99.9% of thouse sticker kits look fugly and then when sumone slaps them on and doesnt do it right and thei get airbubles and streaks in them it looks that much worse.

pic a good color scheme if u want to and stick with it. think of 1 or 2 full colors and then use an accent collor. like red/white with billet/chrome accents. or as an extreme yellow and black with candy purple accents. (ive seen it on a banshee, looked cool actually.) you dont want more then 3 colors i dont think.

and find a way to make the seat cover look like it fits in.

anyways all this is just my opinion but honestly, tell me that 16 yr old kids atv you seen at the park last weekend that was 27 colors and coerred end to end with sticker kits looks good and you will just be lieing to us all.

(note: personaly i think yur quad looks better then the one in the pic, if you had matching wheels.)

I should have the matching aluminum front wheels this week sometime so it will look a lot better then.

as for the graphics..I was just toying with the idea. I really like 310r's style (I beleive thats his name) on his bike. More of the old school look with only a few well placed stickers.

I wanna stick with the red/black/white theme with a little chrome thrown in there.

I cant decide if black nerfs or silver nerfs would look better

Foxracing047
07-18-2007, 03:16 PM
has anyone had experience with these nerfs or heard anything about them?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-250R-NERF-BARS-86-89-TRX250R-NERFBARS-250R_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43966QQihZ009QQite mZ190131202024QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I really want black nerfs and if I had the money I would buy the AC blackline pro pegs but those are over $100 more then these

TWISTED DINLI
07-19-2007, 08:20 AM
i think black plastics would look good. then red graphics, red a-arms, red swinger, white frame, then the nerfs polished (silver) w/ black nets. then the nerfs would go good with the rims if you get like polished rims.