PDA

View Full Version : What in gods name should i do with this??

pdxbigfoot
07-17-2007, 01:37 AM
Sorry for the long title. Well heres another break on my 86 basket case.What do you all think would be the best way to fabricate new ones? Should i lop them off and make some that are 88-89 style or should i stick to the 86-87 tube style??Im getting ready to get to fabricate in the next few days and all opinions and comments are greatly appreciated....J

pdxbigfoot
07-17-2007, 01:39 AM
CRAP!!!

C-LEIGH RACING
07-17-2007, 09:16 AM
If you use your head & think about it & study how its made you can make another mount & make it look just like its suppost to, just a matter of bending & welding some metal together.
I did it, made a mount for an 86 model & you can hardly tell its difference from the other side, took some thinking though.
Neil

pdxbigfoot
07-17-2007, 11:34 AM
I have a great fabricator and if anything it will get the gears a moving (in my head).....anybody else had something like this to contend with??

86 Quad R
07-18-2007, 08:33 AM
that's nothing compared to what i've seen. taking in account that you have a good fabricator, your delima should be a breeze. the best i can tell its just a matter of cleaning up what you have and welding it with the correct welder.