PDA

View Full Version : Kill switch help..wiring guros

firefighterjosh
07-17-2007, 01:00 AM
Alright I am trying to wiring in a kill switch to my King quad 700 EFI.

Only way is to wire it to my wire for my stock switch kill switch here is the problem.

Take a look at my paint drawing below.

That is what my kill switch looks like opened up. When the switch is in the RUN/ON position. The red and orange/white wires are in a circuit together. When the stock switch is in the off position it breaks the connection, which makes the king not run.

When I put a pro design kill switch up to it it will run without the tether in (complete curcuit) but when I put the tehter in it breaks the circuit which makes my king not run.

So any help would be great.

firefighterjosh
07-17-2007, 01:02 AM
Switch in the off position

firefighterjosh
07-17-2007, 01:03 AM
The accual switch pic that 3rd wiring dosen't connect to anything.

speedjunkie13
07-18-2007, 07:44 PM
the only solutions i can come up with are:
1: try to modify the kill switch so that when the tether is engaged it completes the circuit instead of breaking it.

2: contact pro design (or any other kill switch maker) and ask them if they have kill switches in the opposite configuration. basically the same as above without having to modify it.

3: how many wires go to your ignition switch? since your bike is EFI im not sure if it's different than most bikes, but like on mine i have 4 wires 1 is a permanent power, 1 is a permanent ground. basically all the switch does is when the switch is turned on it allows main power to the bike; when turned off it grounds the bike out (the CDI, ignition module, whatever u have) so if your ignition is something close to this you can use your kill switch inline with the ground signal.

keep me posted on what you do.

firefighterjosh
07-18-2007, 07:48 PM
I think I figured it out. I just need a order a pingle kill switch. Which is what my Dads C dale has. It works opposite as the pro design.

The pingle has 2 wires, all I need is to connect them up just like the stock set up only I will be using a tether.

speedjunkie13
07-18-2007, 07:50 PM
so you decided to go with #2 :D

well i'm glad it worked out for you.

firefighterjosh
07-18-2007, 07:54 PM
yup # 2 it is. Now I can race some bigger races.:D