PDA

View Full Version : Got my HRC kit, couple questions?

07ERider
07-16-2007, 11:47 PM
I finally got my HRC kit in the mail today and was hoping to put it in tonight. Only problem it didnt really have any instructions so is there any write-ups or posts on the net that give instructions on how to install the cam?

I also ruined the dang gasket that goes from the head pipe to the muffler so I am going to have to order a new one. I am frustrated but life goes on.

Shaun

pro-rider46
07-17-2007, 01:24 AM
in the how to section GHOTT has a valve adjustment how-to and tells you everything except the cam switching. all you have to do is remove the e-clip on the cam and unbolt the bolt on the other side of the cam (not the sprocket side), gently tap the cam out and tap the new one into the carrier, and apply loctite to the bolt on the cam and re-install the e-clip. then put it back on the bike and torque it all down. Make sure you have a good tourque wrech to do this. if you dont go buy one, i got a craftsman 0-75 ft.lbs. for 25 bucks (right after i bought that i found our old one). make sure the valves are adjsuted to the new cam!

GOOD LUCK AND HOPE ALL TURNS OUT RIGHT!

quad2xtreme
07-17-2007, 05:25 AM
It should have come with a full step-by-step instruction manual...mine did.

I've seen a few links to full install articles written on a view websites. I will see what I can dig up today.

PM me if you have a fax machine. I can fax a copy of what you should have received.

actually, I could convert it to pdf too and just email. whatever is easier.

07ERider
07-17-2007, 09:18 AM
Also does anyone know if the HRC cam has any sort of break in period?

And my kit did not come with any type of assembly lube for the cam, should I use anything specific?

Thanks
Shaun

chillinsk8err
07-17-2007, 09:21 AM
http://www.rockinhorseweb.com/

Coolidge
07-18-2007, 06:10 PM
I have a 06, w/HRC kit. My kit came w/a yellow 'parts book', but no 'step by step' instructions. Get a factory Honda service manual, and you will be fine. I didnt want to do cam myself, so I had dealer install the cam when it was time for 1st valve adjust.

07ERider
07-18-2007, 11:44 PM
Thanks for all the help guys. I just got done with the install and putting all the plastic and everything back on. Im ready to rip.

quad2xtreme
07-19-2007, 05:34 AM
Great news...now you just have to update your signature line. ;)