PDA

View Full Version : Cracked frame let me know what you think

hanes17
07-16-2007, 09:39 PM
So here are some pics of my frame. The spot on the frame if you cant tell is under the counter sprocket and near the foot peg. There are a total of three cracks. I had only seen two until today. I saw a third while washing it. I had been watching them for about a month. The middle one hasn't grown much, but the one near the foot ped mount grew big time this weekend. I am taking it to my local dealer tomorrow to see if Suzuki might help at all. I have heard some good things about Honda and Yamaha with their frames, so I am hoping that Suzuki will be good about it.

hanes17
07-16-2007, 09:44 PM
the second and third crack

LTR450_#67
07-16-2007, 10:04 PM
Wow....I've never actually seen this before. But I did see this....
----->Walsh Gusset (http://www.walshrc.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=79&zenid=440df24b69da22fdbb80eedbf7c0d0af)
I don't know if this will help, I think it would have prevented it though.

Aaron

jhock
07-16-2007, 11:07 PM
Ive seen this before. Reason for happening is bottoming out on the rear all the time! Walsh race craft has a fix for this. go to there website wrcracing.com its under the ltr450 parts. they put a metal brace around there. the other cracks just weld them up and put that brace and you should be golden.

Drewltr450
07-18-2007, 11:33 PM
if you have a warrenty suzuki should fix it if you do have a warrenty and have nerf bars i would take then off and put the stock pegs on it may make the warrenty not cover that part of the frame if you have nerfs on

kyleschonert
07-19-2007, 03:11 PM
Don't get your hopes up for them covering it. Especially if it is raced.