PDA

View Full Version : favorite thing about your banshee?

mudrunner35
07-16-2007, 09:00 PM
whats your favorite thing about it? is it a good quad for tight twisty trails?

firefighterjosh
07-16-2007, 09:38 PM
My favorite thing: Power, being able to smoke the 450s

Good for twisty trails? its not terrible if you know how to ride it, but its no where near the handling of the new quads

TWISTED DINLI
07-17-2007, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh

Good for twisty trails? its not terrible if you know how to ride it, but its no where near the handling of the new quads

yep thats what i was thinkin. i miss riding my brothers from when it used to be a mx banshee.

but know he wants me to ride it but my parents wont let me.:ermm: i think this is why

Mxjunkie
07-17-2007, 07:02 PM

Banshee's you almost have to allways use the back brakes and just give it hell around a corner where as the 450s eh we'll power around it haha..

loboboy
07-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Everything is what I like about it. The only difference is I have Honda 250R style handling with the Banshee 7MM stroker power. I honestly can't find anything that I don't like other than its thirst for fuel and at 110 octane race fuel pricing it is expensive to ride but oh well.

x rider1291
07-19-2007, 03:43 PM

yea like he said...if you kno how to ride it its not that bad

x rider1291

x rider1291

07-19-2007, 05:04 PM
banshees are really only good for going fast in a straight line and spinning the tires. And to that where they arent like te newer quads well they made a 2006, my friend has it and its not really changed from all the other years.

x rider1291
07-21-2007, 09:26 PM
^^yea man...and if *******s could fly the usa would be an airport

Dinner
07-22-2007, 09:24 PM
My Shee is pretty easy to handle in tight wood trails. As long as you get used to your machine and learn to run the clutch if need be that helps too. I've never complained about having my shee in the trails compared to my friends 4 strokes. Besides, one you get to a straight line in the trails, I love just hauling on it.

I also like my Shee for being able to go to sand/gravel pits and being able to rip up the hills with ease.

yamahonda
08-11-2007, 10:47 PM
i have several favs .. only twin cyl 2 stroke atv around and is a totally unique quad.. it looks and sounds like no other.. if its dark and no lights you will know when i banshee is riding up unlike 4 strokes they all sound the same.. not to mention all the 450s look alike.. it also handles and /or runs great for me and my type of riding.. so maybe i do burn little more gas and burn off tires faster then most quads.. but i enjoy every minute of it..

jrkarting07
08-13-2007, 11:53 AM
Well lets just say its a sick quad i just got one about a week ago and my fave part is power band power band power band.... no other quad can u have in 6th gear and start hitting the throttle and and ride it out for about 10 secs and hit powerband and just rip... As a trail bike i agree with the rest if u know how 2 ride its not bad but if u don't i dont recomend it its a powerful bike and will surprise u.... once again that powerband is no joke

1998 banshee
.60 over bore
boost bottle
fmf fatty pipes
nerf bars
cool head
wiseco pistons
ported & polished

I call it the 450 eater

400exrider989
08-15-2007, 12:34 AM
i absolutly love mine for trails and mud and i mean swamp whole mud
i dont see why people say they arnt good i mean my bike is stock but i do have 22 inch gator tires which are awesome so you need tires if you get one

and really i can make it through any whole a grizz 700 can with kenda bear klaws on it

i also ride with a raptor 700 and it has razr2 and it does just as good

when you have any sport quad for trail riding it all about watching and picking the right spot to hit so you dont get hung up

oh and i feel that a raptor 700 is worse for the going slow and putting i always seem to stall it where my banshee i can give it no gas and no clutch and it well go by itself in 1st my idle isnt high either its actually lower than it came from the dealer its almost as low as it can go really

but the one thing that the banshee is bad for is its turning radius
it sucks really badly but you just need to gas it to spit the back around

djguestone
08-17-2007, 05:31 PM
Thats what I love about it!
It's stupid to say only good for going in straight lines.
I ride mine on dirt & sand, climb & jump & hall major *** too.
Lots of mods & bolt ons that can make bike ride how you want it.

RagunCajun
08-25-2007, 11:01 PM
i like it's power and the fact that mine cost thousands less (including the cost of the bike) than the 450's i can beat. the 450's i've ridden just feel mellow. Great bikes but not as much of a thrill imo. I'd love to have one but id still have my shee.

adrenaline
09-15-2007, 01:52 PM
ive owned 400ex, yfz450 and the 450 is by far my favorite, but now im buying a banshee this week, im sure its going to be up there with my 450

JDMThoughts
09-16-2007, 06:22 PM
The thing I like about Banshee's is that if you are in the trails and people see you pull up, it's a bike that commands respect. The sound is unbelievable and the power is enough to strike fear into everyone and their rides. It only takes a few mods and it's all over for just about anyone in the trails. The appearance alone is totally different then everything else you see in the woods. It's very impressive to see a bike go so long virtually unchanged and still be a force to be reckoned with.

x rider1291
09-16-2007, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by JDMThoughts
The thing I like about Banshee's is that if you are in the trails and people see you pull up, it's a bike that commands respect. The sound is unbelievable and the power is enough to strike fear into everyone and their rides. It only takes a few mods and it's all over for just about anyone in the trails. The appearance alone is totally different then everything else you see in the woods. It's very impressive to see a bike go so long virtually unchanged and still be a force to be reckoned with.

couldnt have said it any better

JDMThoughts
09-17-2007, 05:45 PM
I just went out to my usual spot and there were two new guys riding, and they all commented on how awesome they thought my bike was and were really digging it. It's just a stock Banshee, but it has that history and aura about it when you roll up.

bansheerider98
11-04-2007, 08:56 PM
I love when my friend gets off his yfz450 and onto my banshee and gets scared... XD
-i love the sound,
-the power,
-being able to climb any hille before any 4 stroke,
-the way i can manhandle it in trails, no brakes or clutch necessary if you know how to ride one,
-i can get it to slide easy on brand new holeshot mxr4's,
-beating a porsche 911 in a drag race,
-wheelies every gear,
- souning unique, i go to the pits where the 4 strokes all go (brap brrap, brap) and i make heads turn cuz the shee sounds so nice
-never losing
-how nice you fit into the quad, like where you sit and shyt
THIS >>http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l42/badchevy82/IMG_1374.jpg
-the list goes on...

RagunCajun
11-04-2007, 08:59 PM
and dont forget costing thousands less than the bikes you are beating.....that's my fav!

bansheerider98
11-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Yeah, alot cheaper, my bro got an 07 yammie 450 and he has a pipe k&n intake and new carbs and alot of other mods i dont feel like listing on his race quad and he has like 11g into it including price to buy it, i have about 8g including prive to buy it and i whoop his *** in any race lol