PDA

View Full Version : my best friend...

c450Razy
07-16-2007, 08:39 PM
well last satuday wast the worst and scariest times of my life.

Me and my best friend corey were rideing at a little get together we had in our shale pit and while we were riding he stoped me and ask if he should do this one jump that was there and after just doing it i said yea, watch me do it and the hit it. ( i will regret that for the rest of my life.) so i did it and i was sitting beside the jump watching him do it and when he did it it was like slowmotion. it just started to nose dive and the hit the ground and slungshot him into the ground. I ran over to him yelling his name and he didnt answer me. when i got to him he was still knocked out be about 20 sec later he just started garguling blood.. thats when i was really worried be cause he was losing alot of blood out thru his mouth and i yelled to the campfire for some one to dial 911. So iam holding him there and his eyes start swelling shut fast and by this point iam starting to think this was it, the girl who called 911 yelld they dont know where were at so i got on the phone and told them to meet me at a body shop that wasnt to far away so i go and get the first responder and take him back where you go into the shale pit and i stop to tell him that his truck will never make it and to get on with me.. he ingnores me and drive back and snaps a axle!! so by the time he gets back there its already been 15min (felt like a week) and then slowly more responders get there and deside they need to life flight him. so they tryand land the lifeflight in the shale pit (BAD IDEA) it gets about 3 feet off the ground and you cant see your hand in front of your face and its throwing shale everywhere so it pulls back up and the major problem is how to get him out of the shale pit now. so we had to put him on a bord and carry him to the road wich is about 1 mile to the amblance. and then it took him to the lifeflight. the lifeflight took him to altoona hostipal and after about a hour there they told us that he has a blood clot in his brain, and sever facial fractures and a fractured skull and that tey need to get him to pitt now. so the get him to pitt and remove the bloodclot and keep him in a drugendused coma for 5 days.waking him every couple of hours to check him. now today was his first facial surgy to fix his nose face and they wired his jaw shut, and put a breathing tube directily into his trec and a feeding tube in his stomch. so now iam just sitting here praying and hopeing he is going to be ok...

NPelletier
07-16-2007, 08:45 PM
that sucks...was he on a quad? if so sounds like he wasnt wearing a ehlmet...i hope he makes it out ok and i wish him the best of luck, and dont blame yourself, everyone should know their own limits:ermm:

TeamOMatic69
07-16-2007, 08:49 PM
damn im sorry to hear about this.

gncc025
07-16-2007, 08:49 PM
dang man that really does suck. just keep praying, its the best thing u can do. dont give up hope for him which im sure u wont. he will definitely be in my prayers. be sure and keep us updated if u can.

trx400EXtreme
07-16-2007, 09:09 PM
OUCH!!!hes in my prayers...good luck.

suzukigirl
07-16-2007, 09:18 PM
thats horrible..hope he will be ok..he's in my prayers

mine
07-16-2007, 09:22 PM
deffinetly sounds like he never had a helmet on, but i could be wrong. Hopefully he'll make it though.

MX MaNiAc 06
07-16-2007, 09:52 PM
Very sorry to hear that man. Hope he is alright. Im sorry u had to see that.

c450Razy
07-16-2007, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by NPelletier
that sucks...was he on a quad? if so sounds like he wasnt wearing a ehlmet...i hope he makes it out ok and i wish him the best of luck, and dont blame yourself, everyone should know their own limits:ermm:

ya, brand new kfx 450, and no he wasnt...

tar
07-16-2007, 10:27 PM
I hope he makes it out ok..That had to be scary for you

BlaineKaiser450
07-16-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by suzukigirl
thats horrible..hope he will be ok..he's in my prayers

pro-rider46
07-16-2007, 11:43 PM
dude that really, really sucks. best wishes, that doesnt sound to far from here either, im in indiana

Tommy 17
07-17-2007, 05:13 AM
My mom heard about this crash... she works at altoona hospital... i'm sorry...

where are u from in the area? i'm from northern cambria which isn't 2 far from altoona or indiana

dirtbike&quad
07-17-2007, 08:39 AM
sorry to hear this. i hope everything turns out ok man. try not to think about it too much...best of luck with everything let us know how everything turns out

TWISTED DINLI
07-17-2007, 08:51 AM
man that sucks. he is in my prayers.

c450Razy
07-20-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
My mom heard about this crash... she works at altoona hospital... i'm sorry...

where are u from in the area? i'm from northern cambria which isn't 2 far from altoona or indiana

Iam from huntingdon... if you know where thats at.

To update everyone

He had his facial surgery done thurs and it went good. it took about 7 hours to do.

he had his jaw wired shut and a treac put it for a breathing tube.(Hes having truble breathing because he has anmiona from being on oxygen so long) and he also had to have a feeding tube put in.
The only thing that they are kinda concerned about is right eye.. When his brain started to swell it put alot of presure on his eye and now the pupuil is dialited and wont respond to any light.

I spoke with the doc yesterday and he said that he is making great progress. He also said that when they woke him up from surgery that he asked him to show him 2 fingers and corey gave him the bird! lol

Thank all of you guys for your prayers and thoughts.

Rootar
07-20-2007, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by c450Razy
I spoke with the doc yesterday and he said that he is making great progress. He also said that when they woke him up from surgery that he asked him to show him 2 fingers and corey gave him the bird! lol

sounds like he is in good spirits :o hope everything goes smooth for him and his recovery is fast.

Ghost-Rider
07-21-2007, 10:10 PM
Thats to bad.......should of been wearing a helmet though :ermm:

mineralgrey01gt
07-22-2007, 12:14 AM
man im sorry to hear about your friend, ill keep him in my thoughts and prayers

firefighterjosh
07-23-2007, 03:45 AM
I live 1 mile from huntington. I haven't heard the sotry yet. But I never watch the new ether.

Your friend is in my prayers..

PLEASE all wear youe helmets! Its the only way to get some land to ride on

c450Razy
07-08-2008, 12:49 AM
well today was the one year after his accident... he has recoverd GREAT... he is still a little under weight ( went from 170 to about 145) The only thing that bothers him now is that his left pupil is still dialited (sp) due to the pressure from the brain swelling. But other than that hes doing great.
And ufortrnealty he has grown a little cocky due to the fact he won homecoming king this year! lol

But thanks to all you guys for your thoughts and prayers!!

Honda TRX250ex
07-08-2008, 08:29 AM
hes in my prayers