PDA

View Full Version : Air Box Noise dont read one the one under me

Drewltr450
07-16-2007, 08:33 PM
everyone says to take the air box lid off vut when i take mine off its makes my quad so loud the osund comes from the air box am i doing something wrong

LTR450_#67
07-16-2007, 08:42 PM
No thats normal man.....Heck in the motogp bikes the intakes are just as loud or louder than the exhaust!!

Aaron

LTandRaptorider
07-16-2007, 08:43 PM
Yes, it is normal to have increased engine sound with the air box lid off. Put the seat back on, sound is dampened a lot with it on... Pull out the spark arrestor, install Cherry bomb and enjoy the increase in performance! btw... don't forget to keep the air filter clean, it will get much dirtier with no lid. Also, get an aftermarket air filter ( Uni, No Toil, Twin Air, etc.) ASAP. The stocker will last for 2-3 cleanings, then start to fall apart. ;)

Springbok
07-18-2007, 06:35 AM
With the baffle out,cherry plugged in and a Pro-Disign air fiilter (still with the lid), the bike did not perform well under higher RPM. On higher RPM it was starving air and almost dying on me.I then removed the lid, but did'nt like the noise. Now I have drilled out the tubes in the airbox lid with a 60mm hole saw and the bike is performing just as well-but no noise! Try it and tell me what you think.