PDA

View Full Version : New to forum

DBRacing
07-16-2007, 07:42 PM
Hey... my first visit to the forum. I would like your guys opinion, I just cut a deal from my first YFZ450. I bought a Raptor about 3 months ago that was going to be used for Gorman, CA after not riding for 20 years. I figured my wife could ride too, because I also picked up a CR250 I was going to ride. However, after the first ride, I decided to race. Now, it is time to make the move to a 450.

I bought a Pro's 2006 that has one PowerSports ATV race on it and no practice. It has been sitting in his home state since. The short list is:

Gusseted Frame (black)
Curtis Spark Pro Race Motor
Curtis Race Full Exhaust
Epic A Arms
Tag Stem and Bars
Levers
Clutch
Damper
Douglas Wheels
Maier Plastics (white)
Quad Tech Seat Cover
Lonestar Axle
Elka Elites that have been re-valved by the Pro's shop
Stock Parts
His shop will do a race prep

It was shipped today to So Cal and I expect to have by Friday (maybe race on Sunday instead of the Rap). We agreed to 9K and the bike is suppose to be brand new (he pays shipping). If the bike is clean as he says, do you think it was a fair deal? He wanted 10K firm and he hadn't tried selling it before I started talking to him about moving to a 450. I also paid a few extra bucks for coaching so I will be riding with him on non race weekends. I am putting the Rap back to stock and selling along with the CR. When they are both sold, I will also pick up a 2007 so I have a practice and race bike. (or trade 2007 Raptor SE for a 2007 YFZ450)

New to Racing (http://myspace.com/livingoc)

STEVENJANNA
07-17-2007, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by DBRacing
Hey... my first visit to the forum. I would like your guys opinion, I just cut a deal from my first YFZ450. I bought a Raptor about 3 months ago that was going to be used for Gorman, CA after not riding for 20 years. I figured my wife could ride too, because I also picked up a CR250 I was going to ride. However, after the first ride, I decided to race. Now, it is time to make the move to a 450.

I bought a Pro's 2006 that has one PowerSports ATV race on it and no practice. It has been sitting in his home state since. The short list is:

Gusseted Frame (black)
Curtis Spark Pro Race Motor
Curtis Race Full Exhaust
Epic A Arms
Tag Stem and Bars
Levers
Clutch
Damper
Douglas Wheels
Maier Plastics (white)
Quad Tech Seat Cover
Lonestar Axle
Elka Elites that have been re-valved by the Pro's shop
Stock Parts
His shop will do a race prep

It was shipped today to So Cal and I expect to have by Friday (maybe race on Sunday instead of the Rap). We agreed to 9K and the bike is suppose to be brand new (he pays shipping). If the bike is clean as he says, do you think it was a fair deal? He wanted 10K firm and he hadn't tried selling it before I started talking to him about moving to a 450. I also paid a few extra bucks for coaching so I will be riding with him on non race weekends. I am putting the Rap back to stock and selling along with the CR. When they are both sold, I will also pick up a 2007 so I have a practice and race bike. (or trade 2007 Raptor SE for a 2007 YFZ450)

New to Racing (http://myspace.com/livingoc)
First off welcome. I did a similar thing a few years ago and I feel that was the best thing I did, since you can't build a full race bike for 1/2 that. I started riding when I was young and then life took over. I got married had kids etc. and when I moved to a rural town all my neighbors had quads and my wife got tired of seeing the pout on my face when I would hear the quads on the weekends, so she bought me a brand new Banshee. Racing was something that I always wanted to try, so my brother and I packed up bike and headed to a local race and I've been hooked ever since. 2 years later I bought a pro's re conditioned race bike and it was a great investment.

jshtex
07-17-2007, 08:28 PM
Well like he said you couldn't build it for anywhere near that so it sounds like you did good.

What kind of racing are you going to be doing, MX?

DBRacing
07-18-2007, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by STEVENJANNA
First off welcome. I did a similar thing a few years ago and I feel that was the best thing I did, since you can't build a full race bike for 1/2 that. I started riding when I was young and then life took over. I got married had kids etc. and when I moved to a rural town all my neighbors had quads and my wife got tired of seeing the pout on my face when I would hear the quads on the weekends, so she bought me a brand new Banshee. Racing was something that I always wanted to try, so my brother and I packed up bike and headed to a local race and I've been hooked ever since. 2 years later I bought a pro's re conditioned race bike and it was a great investment.

Yes. MX. I have some current photos at myspace.com/livingoc. In 2008, I plan on running the complete ITP series in the VET A and/or 450 A.