View Full Version : Width for XC Racing

national425ex
07-16-2007, 07:29 PM
I race XC, District 11. My frontend is right at 48 inches. Most of the time I can fit through everything but sometimes it gets pretty narrow. I want to narrow my front. Right now I have +2 burgards. Im not sure the offset of my wheels. Im thinking there 3-5. Because the quad use to be setup for MX. Would getting a 4-1 offset wheel help alot? There is a local shop here that told me they could take my arms, Cut an inch out of them and make them into longtravel arms, and garantee them not to break. Im not sure its something I want to do, So if getting a different offset would help. I will do that instead.

nicker71
07-17-2007, 02:20 PM
I would go with a narrower offset wheel instead of cutting the a-arms. 4-1 should cut around 2inchs off the front end.

Flynbryan19
07-17-2007, 02:52 PM
DO NOT let anyone hack on your a-arms. If you have to sell what you have and buy +1" a-arms. Also, you can probably get buy with just getting 4/1 front wheels. If you have the money I would recommend Douglas Shamrock fronts as they are a true 4/1 wheel unlike some of the other wheels out there.