PDA

View Full Version : heel guards

CarGuy7a
07-16-2007, 07:26 PM
i was looking into getting some heel guards and had some questions. pretty much the only ones i've found were the IMS Pro Series. i don't need nerfs w/heel guards. i have DG Fat Series Nerfs with the stock heel guards on it right now.

will the IMS guards work with the stock pegs and the nerfs i have? i was also maybe going to get the Pro Armor peg maximizers from motosport. will this combo work.

also are there any other brand heel guards out there besides the IMS?

XXXRACER165
07-17-2007, 08:54 AM
It's worth a try, but I'm not 100% positive it will work. I had the same problem, I just sold what I had and bought those Pro Armor nerfs that had the heal guards built in. But even those are not holding up to my riding, the heal basket is cracking on the bottom where you put your weight when you hang back.:scary:

gcart2
07-17-2007, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by XXXRACER165
It's worth a try, but I'm not 100% positive it will work. I had the same problem, I just sold what I had and bought those Pro Armor nerfs that had the heal guards built in. But even those are not holding up to my riding, the heal basket is cracking on the bottom where you put your weight when you hang back.:scary:
i think you just got a bad set ecaus emine have seen mx dunes and everytrhing in between. they are holding up just fine. i would suggest them to n e 1.

buster024
07-17-2007, 11:12 AM
I'm almost 100% sure the heel guards will not work with brand x pegs and nerfs (unless you modify). I purchased IMS nerfs, and after calling the factory, I learned I would not be able to get their heel guards, until I got their $200 fat pegs. Sucks, but that's what the factory said.

CarGuy7a
07-17-2007, 09:08 PM
hmm interesting. yeah i'm not too much worried about the breakage on anything b/c i'm a welder so i can pretty much fix anything metal.

yeah that's what i was thinking as well that the IMS guards were built for the fat pegs. but really. about 159 for the guards and 230 something for the pegs that's almost 400 bucks when i can get the nerfs with them built on for like under 300. like i said that would be like a last resort for me to get nerfs with the guards on them.

also the nerfs with the guards built on. does the actual heel guard bolt to anything on the quad kind of like bracing like the stock ones how they bolt to the subframe?