PDA

View Full Version : IXCR Attica, IN badlands Race! Whos going!

firefighterjosh
07-16-2007, 07:18 PM
www.ixcr.com

Wondering who all is going to this race. Should be a blast. I will be there, racing the utility class.:cool:

TRX250X
07-16-2007, 08:18 PM
Sounds like a good time. I won't be able to make it unfortunately. I don't think I've been to Badlands since my brother broke his leg there a little over 2 years ago.

Also, I just learned tonight that there's some controversy about this whole deal. I hope the 2 parties can get that straightened out so that the racers can show up to do what they do best... RACE!!

firefighterjosh
07-16-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by TRX250X
Sounds like a good time. I won't be able to make it unfortunately. I don't think I've been to Badlands since my brother broke his leg there a little over 2 years ago.

Also, I just learned tonight that there's some controversy about this whole deal. I hope the 2 parties can get that straightened out so that the racers can show up to do what they do best... RACE!!

Its all strainted out from what i have read. To make a long story short, there is now a haspen series and a IXCR series. We will leave it at that;)

Wish you could make it out. Should be a blast:D

bradley300
07-17-2007, 11:10 AM
this is the first i'm hearing of the controversy, what happened and what series do i need to run to keep my points

firefighterjosh
07-17-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
this is the first i'm hearing of the controversy, what happened and what series do i need to run to keep my points

I dont really want to get into it. But read www.ixcr.com forums. all the info is there.

I dont know enough insider info to say whos fault is what.

All I know there is a IXCR series and a haspen series now. Both series are keeping the current points total

firefighterjosh
07-17-2007, 09:30 PM
Here's the scoop on the July 22nd IXCR Badlands race:

There is NO YOUTH OR MINI races at this event.

Gate fee is $15 per Racer $10 per spectator

Race Fee is $25 per Racer Pro Class Racer fee $35

Gates open at 7:30 am

Bike registration 8:00 am - 9:30 am

Bike Racer Meeting 9:45 am Registration area

Bike Race starts 10:00 am

Side X Side exhibition race - Closed Registration

Side X Side exhibition race 12:30 pm - 1:00 pm

Quad registration 10:30 am - 1:00 pm Registration area

Quad Racer Meeting 1:15 pm

Quad Race Starts 1:30 pm

There will be NO prerunning the course. This section of the park is closed. Racers are allowed to walk or mountain bike the track. Track will be open to spectators not on any types of motorized vehicles. Racers may ride or warm up in the open section of the park, which is the south side of the park.

Track side pitting is available but limited to a first come first serve basis. Racers are asked to back up to course to insure adequete space for all racers.

Camping available at http://www.atticacamping.com/ Located at the entrance of the park. RV hookups, showers, restrooms and vehicle wash area available

Gray33
07-17-2007, 09:42 PM
hey man, is there a class for blasters becausse me and my buddies might go up there this weekend and ride. They will probly be racing with there 450's and 400ex

firefighterjosh
07-17-2007, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Gray33
hey man, is there a class for blasters becausse me and my buddies might go up there this weekend and ride. They will probly be racing with there 450's and 400ex

Yes there is. Its the sport utility class. Any sport quads under 350ccs or a utility quad can race that class.

So you would be racing with me:p

firefighterjosh
07-17-2007, 09:48 PM
here is the class rules. BTW its 399cc or less sport quad

Sport Utility ATV: per manufacturer specification; sport utility only. Example, a Scrambler is listed as a sport utility so it will be allowed in the sport utility class Sport ATV’s - (Honda EX 250 & 300, Yamaha 350cc Warrior & Raptor, Blaster, Mohave or a 350cc or smaller displacement Sport ATV ) Utility ATV’s - ( Recon, Foreman, Lakota, Bayou, Sportsman, basically any Utility ATV with racks) or a 350cc or smaller displacement sport ATV. A V-Force and a 250R is NOT allowed to race in the sport utility class.

Gray33
07-17-2007, 09:56 PM
ah man, i will get killed my blaster is all stock basicly o well we are just goin up there for a good time goin to be all of our first time..So a grizzly cant go in the race?Because i could get my grandpas grizzlys

firefighterjosh
07-17-2007, 10:00 PM
ya a grizzly can race, I am racing a king quad 700. Any utility or sport quad under 399ccs.

Your blaster wouldnt do bad. It would do better in the tight woods then my king quad.

Gray33
07-17-2007, 10:07 PM
you have to wear all the protection stuff or what..And do you have to have a parent there to sign for you if you are under 18 because me and my buddies were goin to take a trailor and take a buddies truck all 16 and ride over

firefighterjosh
07-17-2007, 10:10 PM
yes you have to have a parent or legal gaurdian sign you in. You also have to have a parent or legal guardian sign you in just to RIDE the badlands.

You can get the forms at www.badlandsoffroad.com to ride.

As if protection all you need is a helmet and boots over the ankels and a long sleeve shirt. the rest is up to you.

Raptor68
07-23-2007, 12:53 PM
How was it? Did anyone race/watch?

firefighterjosh
07-23-2007, 05:58 PM
It was a great track IMO. Could have used a few more markers but most where ripped down I think from people blowing corners and wrecking.

It really showed how out of shape I really am lol