PDA

View Full Version : Bad frame damage.. What to do??

Flyin-Low
07-16-2007, 06:26 PM
I have to wait a few more weeks before I can even start to strip my quad down to see if the frame is bent from being hit by a dirtbike going over 120km/h head on..

But look at this, right by the upper shock mounts.. Would I need a new frame just from this kind of damage or can it be fixed and still be safe?

-Martin

MX MaNiAc 06
07-16-2007, 07:28 PM
Yes, i would say that u HAVE to get a new frame.

Im sure theres a great story beind that.. Were u riding when the bike it? Was anyone injured?

pro-rider46
07-16-2007, 07:36 PM
yeah that diffantly needs a new frame. it is jsut insurance for the future, and since you cant even start to wrench on it for awhile have pappy gusset it and pc it,

GPracer2500
07-16-2007, 07:36 PM
I'd say to repair that you'd need an experience fabricator that has the equipment and knowhow to jig the frame and make sure it's repaired straight.

I'd just replace it.

Flyin-Low
07-16-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
Yes, i would say that u HAVE to get a new frame.

Im sure theres a great story beind that.. Were u riding when the bike it? Was anyone injured?

Yeah, I was about to go down a little hill in the trails and the bike came blazing up the other side and launched off a whoop and was airborn when he hit the front of my quad. He was thrown into some trees and logs and was hurt very badly, after being airlifted to a local hospital he was pronounced dead.. I lost most of that days memory and just remember leaving my buddys place to go ride and then waking up in intensive care with a broken collar bone in 2 places (surgery soon to wire the bones back together) a severe concussion, fractured arm, torn ligaments in my knee (my left knee broke the light control box off the left side of my bars and the right knee broke my thumb throttle lever clean off) , some stitches and the worst bruising I've ever seen.

BlaineKaiser450
07-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Flyin-Low
Yeah, I was about to go down a little hill in the trails and the bike came blazing up the other side and launched off a whoop and was airborn when he hit the front of my quad. He was thrown into some trees and logs and was hurt very badly, after being airlifted to a local hospital he was pronounced dead.. I lost most of that days memory and just remember leaving my buddys place to go ride and then waking up in intensive care with a broken collar bone in 2 places (surgery soon to wire the bones back together) a severe concussion, fractured arm, torn ligaments in my knee (my left knee broke the light control box off the left side of my bars and the right knee broke my thumb throttle lever clean off) , some stitches and the worst bruising I've ever seen. wow... thats crazy

pro-rider46
07-16-2007, 11:09 PM
its kinda of funny how when you ask about some new parts, either i or someone else ask some questions and that story all ways comes up. you should just put a link into your sig of the original story.

hey you should take a couple pics of you torn up body.