PDA

View Full Version : Rider Injured BAD at BPG

Pappy
07-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Im not sure if it was saturday or sunday but i was informed a member of the site was severly injured at BPG. he was lifeflighted out but i havent heard anything past that. If anyone has any info please post it, from what i understand he wasnt in good shape and his mom is already in bad health.

mine
07-16-2007, 04:00 PM
Wow,

Yes, any informative news would be great.

Hang in there, I hate hearing about things like this, Also dan, He gets really wound up when someone gets hurt at his place, and he doesnt need that right now. :(

Mike

fastyz85
07-16-2007, 04:30 PM
what kind of bike was he riding? I hope he gets better.

Pappy
07-16-2007, 04:59 PM
he was on a quad, but not sure for certain what it was, my brother said he thought a black 400ex. he nosed over on the 65 footer (flag jump) and hit hard. his helmet came off during the crash and that was that. i sure hope who ever it is is ok, but id like to know for sure who it was.

mine
07-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
he was on a quad, but not sure for certain what it was, my brother said he thought a black 400ex. he nosed over on the 65 footer (flag jump) and hit hard. his helmet came off during the crash and that was that. i sure hope who ever it is is ok, but id like to know for sure who it was.

Ouch on july 6/7th alot of people were nose diving over that jump. There was a pretty gnarly kicker on the left side of the jump.

JRP
07-16-2007, 05:08 PM

damn.:( I really hope he is ok!!!

quad2xtreme
07-16-2007, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by mine
Ouch on july 6/7th alot of people were nose diving over that jump. There was a pretty gnarly kicker on the left side of the jump.

I always go off that jump right in the middle. I only tried it 3 times on July 7th since I am still a little unsure how strong my ankle is since I came up short on the uphill triple in early June...it was as smooth as always for me.

I hope he is okay. Knock on wood but I have never witnessed anyone wrecking on this jump.

/Jon

mine
07-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
I always go off that jump right in the middle. I only tried it 3 times on July 7th since I am still a little unsure how strong my ankle is since I came up short on the uphill triple in early June...it was as smooth as always for me.

I hope he is okay. Knock on wood but I have never witnessed anyone wrecking on this jump.

/Jon

are you the one that had the leatt brace and the plain black helmet?

Trx250rider86
07-16-2007, 06:24 PM
i was there all weekend. all the jumps were fine. One guy on a dirt bike on the smaller track flipped back right in front of my face on the step up tripple near the little bleachers and he got flew out of there and one guy crashed sunday morning on the ski jump on a silver 400ex. It would have had to been late sunday after i left. hope its not to bad.

05Z400rdr
07-16-2007, 06:31 PM
wow...i hate hearing these kind of things. sounds like not too good of a weekend for some people..

Whoever they were that got injured, I really hope they heal up soon!!

Landon

quad2xtreme
07-16-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by mine
are you the one that had the leatt brace and the plain black helmet?

Yes...but my helmet is carbon fiber. :D How can I convince my wife it is okay to spend that much money if you call it plain black? lol.

I've been thinking of changing my name on here to Jon #316. The only reason I put a number on my quad was it was so hard to figure out who was who at Breezewood.

I know quite a few people at Breezewood but don't necessarily know user names on this forum.

/Jon

wvspeedfreak
07-16-2007, 08:00 PM
As we arrived Saturday the second person just left in a helicopter that day.The people that were camped next to us said both people that were life flighted out were on dirt bikes.I wish I had more info but I don't.

Pappy
07-16-2007, 08:09 PM
Jason, did they say anything about him NOT having his helmet strapped:ermm:

wvspeedfreak
07-16-2007, 08:15 PM
Kenny,all they told me was one of the 2 that were flown out had possible spine injury.I really wish I had more info but I don't.I hope whoever they were that they get through this ok :(

ZeroLogic
07-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by JRP
damn.:( I really hope he is ok!!!
:ermm:

Trx250rider86
07-16-2007, 09:02 PM
one guy on a yz 250 i think it was stood up for like a few seconds after he fell then just dropped and didnt get back up then got flew out.

mxdad
07-17-2007, 03:59 AM
I saw the first db wreck by the bleachers on the intermediate track. The guy goosed it off the jump and stood the bike straight up and it got away from him. He landed on his lower back/butt and seemed to be in a good bit of pain. He was moving his feet, etc.. but he did hit pretty hard and you could tell he was in some pain. We left right after that so I did not see any other accidents.

outacontrol
07-17-2007, 08:20 AM
i was there all day saturday, the second crash was on the flag jump, he was on a black 450r i believe. like they said he nosedived bad and tried hanging on to it, and it face planted him into the ground. His helmet wasnt strapped and it flew off and then the quad hit him. He was not really responding to anyone, but would look if someone said his name. Im sure among other things he had a severe head injury. All i saw him doing was flinging his arms around trying to get up, and his mom and dan were trying to keep him calm. We talked to his friend afterwards, but he didnt even know what all was wrong, cuz they all left him there to go to the hospital.

Trx250rider86
07-17-2007, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by mxdad
I saw the first db wreck by the bleachers on the intermediate track. The guy goosed it off the jump and stood the bike straight up and it got away from him. He landed on his lower back/butt and seemed to be in a good bit of pain. He was moving his feet, etc.. but he did hit pretty hard and you could tell he was in some pain. We left right after that so I did not see any other accidents.

yeah thats the one im talking about and i hope the guy on the 450r was alright.

Btw i was on the White suzuki #69

JForestZ34
07-17-2007, 10:30 AM
Dam I hope everyone is okay. That must be quite a blow to Dan. I hope everyone comes out of this okay...

James

WhiteYFZ
07-17-2007, 11:10 AM
dam, this sucks. i hope everyone is okay :(

fastyz85
07-17-2007, 11:54 AM
man I hope the kids are okay. i was looking forward to making a trip there too oe day and hope it doesn't turn out like the other tracks wher the price goes up due to the new insurance.:(

mxdad
07-17-2007, 12:29 PM
Man that 450R crash sounds pretty nasty!!! I hope he is ok!!!

ltr450rider21
07-17-2007, 12:41 PM
i saw some guy on a kfx450 crash on the intermediate track by the stands.

mx428
07-17-2007, 12:43 PM
That's why helmet's have buckles.

Gray33
07-17-2007, 12:57 PM
whats the use of wearing a helmet when you dont strap it. i am guilty of this i will admit but i dont race i just go mudding, river riding, wheelies. But if i was goin to be racing i would strap it and you would think people would have common sense and strap it when you are racing.

hope the guy's 450r is ok,,

Trx250rider86
07-17-2007, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Gray33
whats the use of wearing a helmet when you dont strap it. i am guilty of this i will admit but i dont race i just go mudding, river riding, wheelies. But if i was goin to be racing i would strap it and you would think people would have common sense and strap it when you are racing.

hope the guy's 450r is ok,,

your an idiot,strap your helmet before you become even dumber

juanki
07-17-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Trx250rider86

second that

i hope he gets well...

outacontrol
07-17-2007, 01:26 PM
LOL, good one.. btw impressive riding on the ltr on sat

allstock
07-17-2007, 01:48 PM

like you should be one to talk... your nerfbars are held on by broken bolts:blah:

sunco
07-17-2007, 07:01 PM
I was there july friday,saturday & Sunday

I have a black 450R

I hurt my back by the ski jump but not on it , I was doing the sissy jump to the side (as I've heard it called before)

My problem was I was doing some no footers & I just went a bit to far - jambed the seat up my back.

Once I landed I knew it wasn't good & then did a nose wheelie cause I hada get off as fast as possible. I jumped off & grabbed the top of the berm to get relief.

Flyboy & Rich the Carpenter where there.

I did take a parade lap (only 1/2) just to show no defeat.

The family packed up & then a 4 hour ride home. Its only been a 8 days - pills, excersise,& time.

I do hope whoever got hurt gets better soon ASAP. Always say a prayer

sunco
07-17-2007, 07:05 PM
My son , FLYBOY62 caught me in action. & just for the record Rich & Zach got 1st & My son TJ & I got 3rd in the couch race.

Trx250rider86
07-17-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by allstock
like you should be one to talk... your nerfbars are held on by broken bolts:blah:

Ill fix it lol, and dont forget about the broken motor mount

Pappy
07-18-2007, 02:27 PM
Brandon Walker is the chaps name, and he is still in bad bad shape:( he has broke his back in 3 places, and has come out of coma once since the injury. Send him a prayer

ATV Chic
07-18-2007, 02:36 PM
My prayers will be with him. I hope he heals quickly :(

05Z400rdr
07-18-2007, 03:30 PM
wow, he's deffinately got my prayers:(

dan harris
07-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Thanks everyone for their posts and concerns. Pappy is right the second injury on Saturday was a quad rider named Brandon Walker. Brandon rides here pretty often, up until this weekend he had always ridden a black 400ex. This weekend he was on his new black 450R.

Brandon can use everyone's prayers, he has come to and he can move everything, but like pappy said he broke his back. He also has some bleeding in his head that they plan to drain. As his progress continues I'll try and keep everyone posted.

Does anyone know his handle on here?

quad2xtreme
07-18-2007, 05:42 PM
Dan and Pappy. I will definitely say a prayer for this guy...I probably know him but can't place the name. Of course this is every riders worst fear. You can do a jump successfully thousands of times and there is always that one chance your quad will stutter on you or something like that.

I am always curious when someone says a broken back...what does that mean exactly? Do you mean he broke part of his spine but not bad enough to be paralyzed? Or, do you mean he broke his rib cage but on the backside of his body? When I was growing up a guy fell off a telephone pole and they said he broke his back too. Again, just curious...not exactly sure what a broken back is.

/Jon

wvspeedfreak
07-18-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm glad to hear he is moving everything,that is a great sign.We will be saying a prayer for both of the injured riders.

ZeroLogic
07-18-2007, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by sexyatvchic
My prayers will be with him. I hope he heals quickly :(

dan harris
07-18-2007, 06:40 PM
Just got word on Brandon and its good news.

Once again our prayers and faith have over come.

IT IS BY OUR FAITH IN CRIST THAT I SEND THIS EMAIL TO ALL MY FELLOW CHRISTIANS…

BRANDON IS OUT OF ICU. THERE IS NO BRIAN DAMAGE AND BRANDON IS TAKING HIS FIRST STEPS TODAY…

“ BRANDON GOT UP THIS MORNING AND TOOK A FEW STEPS”

“Doctors are amazed at his recovery…”

I'll pass the word on as I hear more. I'm trying to get a picture of brandon so everyone knows who he is.

wvspeedfreak
07-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Absolutely wonderful news!!!!!!

Pappy
07-18-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak

amen!!

quadracer707
07-18-2007, 07:54 PM
I 2nd that amen

exrider12
07-18-2007, 08:13 PM
im glad to hear he is getting better.idk what id do without riding for that long

JRP
07-18-2007, 08:15 PM

i agree! thats awsome news dan! Im really glad brandon is ok and i hope he recovers fast!!!

05Z400rdr
07-18-2007, 08:36 PM
amen!!

i agree!! that is awesome that he is awake and walking, i hope he has a full and fast recovery!!! :macho

Ghost-Rider
07-18-2007, 08:46 PM
Hate to hear about this kind of stuff,hope the person(s) will be ok.

YFZRB
07-18-2007, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by ltr450rider21
i saw some guy on a kfx450 crash on the intermediate track by the stands.

That was our friend Josh. He rides with Austin and Brad. I saw him wreck too. He was busted up pretty good but was trying to avoid the hospital trip.

My prayers go out for Brandon and good to hear he is starting his recovery.

outacontrol
07-18-2007, 09:19 PM
awesome news!

mxdad
07-19-2007, 03:24 AM
Great to hear he is up and walking!!! We will keep all of the injured riders in our prayers.

firefighterjosh
07-19-2007, 04:06 AM
Thats some good news! Glad he is doing alot better.

STEVENJANNA
07-19-2007, 07:42 AM
Praise the Lord. I'm reading this thread a little late, but I'm glad the severity of the injury is seemingly not life altering.

Not to highjack the thread but, Dan how are you feeling?

ATV Chic
07-19-2007, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by 05Z400rdr
i agree!! that is awesome that he is awake and walking, i hope he has a full and fast recovery!!! :macho

amen x2!

WhiteYFZ
07-19-2007, 08:58 AM

agreed. wow man, this is awesome to hear!!!!

juanki
07-19-2007, 09:35 AM
so glad that he is ok, lets keep him in our prayes and also to all of us, the atvridres comunity and fellow riders, for allways have safe riding trips or races.

Camaroguy87132
07-19-2007, 10:13 AM
great to hear that he is okay.

Flynbryan19
07-19-2007, 11:49 AM
Glad to hear hes doing well. Someone smack the idiot in the back of the head next time though for not straping his helmet. That has to be one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard.:rolleyes:

mephyst
07-21-2007, 02:02 AM
That is excellent news... I've been there... broke my back 8 months ago and walk today. Sometimes I don't even know if I should continue riding... if it's really worth it? Sometimes I feel like I've already had my chance...

I feel for this guy and I hope he has as successful of a recovery as I did!

Hang in there Brandon!

And to answer the one guys question about what is a broken back? Usually it means you crush some sort of vertebrae on your spine, or in Brandon's case he broke his back in 3 different places. Like me, he was EXTREMELY lucky not to suffer any nerve damage. (Thank God)

sly400ex
07-21-2007, 03:53 AM
Same here. I cracked T6-8 over ten years ago on a dirt bike. I should count my blessings I didn't have significant damage as a result.

awsomeaussies
07-21-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by mephyst
And to answer the one guys question about what is a broken back? Usually it means you crush some sort of vertebrae on your spine, or in Brandon's case he broke his back in 3 different places. Like me, he was EXTREMELY lucky not to suffer any nerve damage. (Thank God)

Yeah your right. I fell 30 feet off a rope swing and landed and broke my back along with my femur. And pretty much the vertebrae crushes. Your spinal cord runs through all your vertebrae's, so anyone that has broken there back are very lucky to be walking, especially someone that broke there back in 3 places. I'm glad Brandon is up and walking! That's very great to hear!!:) Any word if he'll be having surgery on his spine? Or will they be casting it?