PDA

View Full Version : Mid South Hare Scrambles?

TITAN450R
07-16-2007, 03:13 PM
just curious if anyone rides in these. i have been considering riding in a few just dont have alot of information about them thanks....

exvetrider
07-16-2007, 08:52 PM
The winter races are very good,good tracks,well marked,and nice awards.I havnt rode in a summer race in a long time,they always have a lower turn out than the winter series.

lghickman21
07-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Awesome Tracks! The atmosphere is fantastic. Friendly people, and well organized races. You can't beat it. All you have to do is show up, sign up and race. You have to be a member of AMA, that will cost you about 35 dollars but it is good for a year. Other than that you will have to pay an entry fee and possibly 5 dollars to get in. You ride at your own pace and just pull off to the side when faster people come through. Like said before the winter races have a higher turn out and pays points if you would like to race for points, the summer series is usually hotter therefore have a lower turn out. The summer series usually pays points as well but due to co-sanction races and interference with other series it doesn't pay points this time. The mid-souths are alot of fun to go and watch and even more fun to ride in. Just watch for people pit riding, that has gotten really bad lately. Hope this helps and hope to see you out there!

pro-rider46
07-16-2007, 11:01 PM
can someone explain to me what harescramples are, are similar to xc, and does it have a lot of mx jumps.

lghickman21
07-17-2007, 08:12 PM
hare scrambles are cross country, XC, there are some jumps in some of the mid souths but not all the time. it is mostly woods and field sections. The GNCC's will sometimes have a MX section depending on the place.

Scro
07-19-2007, 10:39 AM
I would have to agree that it is a great series. The next race is the 28th in Westmoreland. You should try to come out.