PDA

View Full Version : O-my sweet mother of sexy goggles

mine
07-15-2007, 09:33 PM
smx optics, ltd stainless edition. I actually forgot i had a sponsorship with them.I'm ordering a pair as soon as my dad comes into the room!

suzukigirl
07-15-2007, 10:43 PM
those are really nice

BlaineKaiser450
07-15-2007, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by suzukigirl
those are really nice ya they are!

CannondaleRider
07-15-2007, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by mine
I actually forgot i had a sponsorship with them

How does that happen?

It's quite obvious that you are not keeping up your end of the bargain on your sponsorship deal. Sponsorship is not a one-way street, in which you reap all the benefits. When you are sponsored, they offer good deals to you, in return for your exposure of the product, to people that do not understand the benefits.

I'd say your sponsors are getting shafted.....just my opinion.:ermm:

CRich[814]
07-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
How does that happen?

It's quite obvious that you are not keeping up your end of the bargain on your sponsorship deal. Sponsorship is not a one-way street, in which you reap all the benefits. When you are sponsored, they offer good deals to you, in return for your exposure of the product, to people that do not understand the benefits.

I'd say your sponsors are getting shafted.....just my opinion.:ermm:

this isn't a big company. they sponser anyone. you don't even need to race or show them pictures. but yeah, sponser's should get some advertising from you.

QuadJunkies
07-15-2007, 11:52 PM
I have to say I agree with Cannondale rider on this one...
And those goggles do look sweet!!

:cool:

mine~ do you race much??
Im not sure that was the best thing to post . LOL:p

Alot of riders take there sponsors seriously and alot of riders get turned down from over abundance in applications and resumes.

I hope you will go out and represent this company well.;)

quad2xtreme
07-16-2007, 05:26 AM
I would say if the sponsors are throwing him $$$$ to support his racing then he owes them something...if he is just getting a discount on their goods, he owes them nothing. No buying = no advertising...an equal deal.

I sponsor Visa...they get about 3% of everything I spend and they don't even provide me with stickers!

CannondaleRider
07-16-2007, 07:14 AM
I cannot believe that people think of sponsorship in such terms.

Just because it's not a cash sponsorship, and only a discount, the support rider doesn't owe support to the sponsor? That is the most ignorant thing Ive heard in a while, honestly!

Sponsors don't give support to riders for nothing, they don't sponsor a rider in hopes of exposure, it's EXPECTED, and it's deserved. A support rider owes a sponsor exposure, no matter what level of contract or deal they have, that is the essence of sponsorship. If you can not support the sponsor, the way they deserve to be supported, then you should not sign that contract.

If you sign a contract, to be a specific companies support rider, it should not be strictly for getting good deals.....thats a perk of being a support rider. When you sign that contract, it is now YOUR DUTY to support and give exposure to that product. You should never just use your discount, because it's there, without at least attempting to support the sponsor.

Some people just don't deserve sponsorship.:ermm:

07-16-2007, 07:37 AM

Just because it's not a cash sponsorship, and only a discount, the support rider doesn't owe support to the sponsor? That is the most ignorant thing Ive heard in a while, honestly!

Sponsors don't give support to riders for nothing, they don't sponsor a rider in hopes of exposure, it's EXPECTED, and it's deserved. A support rider owes a sponsor exposure, no matter what level of contract or deal they have, that is the essence of sponsorship. If you can not support the sponsor, the way they deserve to be supported, then you should not sign that contract.

If you sign a contract, to be a specific companies support rider, it should not be strictly for getting good deals.....thats a perk of being a support rider. When you sign that contract, it is now YOUR DUTY to support and give exposure to that product. You should never just use your discount, because it's there, without at least attempting to support the sponsor.

i don't race and don't have need for sponsors, and i completely agree with that...i feel the reverse is also true...if you are not sponsoring me, then i don't need to advertise for you, therefore no stickers on my bike...

chris46250r
07-16-2007, 09:30 AM

I have one question then. If your sponsorship only consists of a discount on thier stuff, is buying it and wearing it at the track not giving it exposure? I agree with speedy on the sponsor thing . When I order a new exhaust or whatever and they send me a sticker, they should attach a five dollar bill with it to pay for advertising when I stick it on my fourwheeler.

CannondaleRider
07-16-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by chris46250r
I have one question then. If your sponsorship only consists of a discount on thier stuff, is buying it and wearing it at the track not giving it exposure?.

Yes, that is giving it exposure. BUT it's just a t-shirt or just a hat or just some gloves, nobody notices things to well, unless they are physically or vocally put in front of them, to grab their interest, and answer their questions.

Example, Fasst Co. One of my sponsors. Obviously, I run Flexx bars on my race bike, a pretty obvious modification to the unknown lookers. They may see those bars, and may have a look of curiousity, and may take a closer look......but they are still just bars to the people that don't trully know much about the product. SO, you take every opportunity to really grab their attention, ask them if they've checked out the bars much, tell them the details about them, tell them about the tremendous benefits, tell them how much they trully have helped you in your racing. Explain the forces that act on you with normal bars, and explain how the Flexx bars counteract those forces. Make sure they come away a pro, on the knowledge of Flexx Handlebars. Including the website and phone number to Fasst Co.

Now that they don't have any questions on their mind as to what the Flexx bars are all about, there is a much higher chance of them looking even further on their own, and possibly buying a set for themselves. Without your help and explanation, they may have forgot about them, and never went to the Fasst Co. Website and made an order.

That's exposure.

wvspeedfreak
07-16-2007, 10:51 AM
I don't race either so I really don't have a need for sponsors myself.However,there have been several companies that have been very helpful and some have gone out of their way to help us,mainly on my sons quad.I will put those companies stickers on our quads and reccomend them to other people if asked.

Oh yeah.....those are some nice goggles :cool:

mine
07-16-2007, 10:59 AM
My 'ex' username is marshmello, just putting that on the boards so some of you can remember me.

When i stated i forgot i had a sponsorship with them, I did'nt mean I dont support their product or I don't run their stickers. I have'nt ridden nor looked at my bike in the past two weeks or since the trip to breezewood. My whole left shorud is covered in smx decals. Not to mention I did state in my resume that i do not do more than a race every two months.Bobby and the rest of the smx crew were absoultly fine with that because of them being a new product and they were just trying to get their name out into the blue.

i love how im not supporting my sponsor by posting their brand new product, and how much i like the looks of it on a forum with well over 270,000 users. :confused:

Now if you dont mind, can you please mind your own busines and rep your own sponsors. Then I'll rep mine.If you don't appreciate the way some individuals like supportig their sponsor. Make your own thread.I'm sick of starting threads and someone gets off topic because of the silliest minor little phrase mentioned in my initial post.I don't want anymore posts in my thread on how to support my sponsors, or anybody in that fact.

What do you guys think of the goggles.

Mike

quad2xtreme
07-16-2007, 12:34 PM
goggles look great...get a pair or two.

Now back to sponsorship...

so, you are running DG nerfs that you bought and looking for new sponsors for next year...Pro Armor says yes to sponsorship and we will give you a 25% discount off list.

So, I am supposed to ditch my DG nerfs and spend $500 on Pro Armor nerfs and let everyone know how great they are? How does that help me win races. So far, I just spend $500 to replace a perfectly good set of nerfs.

Explain it to me because I just don't understand. Now remember, it is possible I just sent letters out to 20 different companies with nerf bars and say 5 of them gave me the "discount" sponsorship deal. Is it possible I might forget into the season who says they are willing to give me a discount on their products?

For the record, Honda sends me 2 quads and $50,000 to represent them and you won't be seeing me wearing a Yamaha shirt, hat, or riding a Yamaha quad. Under this circumstance, you can clearly see they are sponsoring me.

Sorry we disagree on the definition of sponsorship. I view one as clever marketing and the other as sponsorship.

/Jon

ZeroLogic
07-16-2007, 03:19 PM
What do you guys think of the goggles.

The're ugly

Originally posted by quad2xtreme

Lmao!

Since when did you start racing?:confused:

roundsy
07-16-2007, 03:22 PM
those are pretty nice, I came across these the other day and thought they were pretty intense too

ZeroLogic
07-16-2007, 03:25 PM
Got wood?

mine
07-16-2007, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by roundsy
those are pretty nice, I came across these the other day and thought they were pretty intense too

Thsoe are snowboarding goggles, you can tell by the vents in the lense, although it would make for pretty sick mx goggles.

rollie
07-16-2007, 03:50 PM

so, you are running DG nerfs that you bought and looking for new sponsors for next year...Pro Armor says yes to sponsorship and we will give you a 25% discount off list.

/Jon

Why would you even send a resume to a company with no intention of buying and representing there product? people don't understand sponsorship, i think most of the people that send resume's do it so they can tell everyone there sponsored. as for me, i only run stickers of companys that help me out. or i believe that there product is the best you can get. for instance. im sponsored by kenda, therefore i have kenda tires and i run kenda stickers. i am NOT sponsored by Rath, but i do run there nerf bars, in my opinon there the best you can buy, so i also run there stickers. If you don't know how to do buisness with a company, you shouldnt be sending resumes IMO

anyway. those googles look like there pretty sweet, mine i know what you mean about forgeting sponsors, hell even some of the pro riders forget and they have to read them off a board at the interview after the race:p

mx428
07-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Thsoe are snowboarding goggles, you can tell by the vents in the lense, although it would make for pretty sick mx goggles. they make them for moto too, Villopoto wears them every race.
http://www.scottusa.com/i/images/products/logger_goggle.jpg

mine
07-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by rollie
mine i know what you mean about forgeting sponsors, hell even some of the pro riders forget and they have to read them off a board at the interview after the race:p

You can call me Marshmello:eek: hahah, But yea, i always hear pros appoligizing on the box for all the sponsors they forgot.

mine
07-16-2007, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by mx428
they make them for moto too, Villopoto wears them every race.
http://www.scottusa.com/i/images/products/logger_goggle.jpg

I was gonna say they look just like rv's but i totally forgot if he was sponsored by scott or spy.

quad2xtreme
07-16-2007, 04:34 PM
Why would you even send a resume to a company with no intention of buying and representing there product? people don't understand sponsorship, i think most of the people that send resume's do it so they can tell everyone there sponsored. as for me, i only run stickers of companys that help me out. or i believe that there product is the best you can get. for instance. im sponsored by kenda, therefore i have kenda tires and i run kenda stickers. i am NOT sponsored by Rath, but i do run there nerf bars, in my opinon there the best you can buy, so i also run there stickers. If you don't know how to do buisness with a company, you shouldnt be sending resumes IMO

Racers are looking to save $$$ when possible...if you could send a letter to Oakley and Smith asking for a discount (sorry, sponsorship) and they reply back at 25% sponsorship (discount) and 35% discount (sponsorship) respectively, which goggles will you be wearing next season? Now, what exactly did they do for you again? Gave you a discount that they will give to any reseller and you will in turn promote them for giving you the discount. Basically, you are required to spend dollars to take advantage of the "sponsorship". If you don't buy the product then you have been given absolutely nothing so why would you endorse them? If you do buy the goggles then you got the discount and you will be wearing them when you race so they get what they want.

Real sponsorship is when Oakley sends you 5 pairs of goggles, a bunch of stickers, and makes a mortgage payment on your house. When Mountain Dew sponsor a Nascar team, do you think the team is just getting a discount on drinking Mountain Dew and nothing else?

Yes, the truth is plenty of people like to believe they are being "sponsored" because it sounds cool. I hate to burst the bubble for many but reality is you are getting a simple discount to buy their products. Sponsorship is when you get something for nothing...with the hopes that you will win...all risk is with the sponsor. If you gotta spend to take advantage of your sponsorship then you are getting a discount on buying products and nothing more.

I guess I am sponsored by ServiceHonda because they give me a 30% discount on all my Honda parts. :D

Why would you apply for 10 full scholarships to college when you can only use one?

/Jon

quad2xtreme
07-16-2007, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
[
Since when did you start racing?:confused: [/B]

nah, I am not racing...sorry for the confusion. I was just innertwining myself with the reader back and forth to create confusion. ;) I wasn't really trying to make anyone think I got into the racing scene. If I did though, I would be sending out resumes looking for discounts on all my equipment...I could really use a sponsorship from Chevy for a new diesel truck though...I sure could use a "free" truck from them...I would drive it proudly and tell anyone who asked why the Duramax is the best. :D

CannondaleRider
07-16-2007, 06:17 PM
See, your looking at sponsorship in the wrong terms.

You should not be sending resumes to potential sponsors, especially ones you don't already support, just to get a discount. Your nerf bar example....if you are plenty satisfied with your current nerf bar setup, then why would you apply to a competing company, that may or may not have a better product then your current setup. If your current nerf bars are perfectly fine, stick with those. Your not forced to send a resume to that other company, and you shouldn't if you don't have full intentions of supporting a product that YOU deem superior.

When you send resumes, it should be to companies that you already FULLY believe in, and are willing to support to those standards. Companies that you have already dealt with, and believe that nothing else beats their product, and nothing else will give you any more of an advantage on the race track. So, when you send your resume, if they come back with a deal, of any kind, it's just a plus. It helps you out, because your getting a discount off a product that you already had intentions of buying anyways, along with the other perks. It also helps with your ability to give exposure to that product.

Yet another example....Another of my great sponsors is Scott USA. I fully believe that Scott makes a superior goggle, I don't know of any other goggle that tops a pair of Scott goggles. Each goggle is great, and their vast selection of goggles is also great. I've believed in Scott USA from the beginning. When I got the opportunity to send them a resume, and they came back with a deal, I already supported their products. But, with the sponsorship, I now get a generous discount on those products, that I would have bought even without the generous discount. Along with this extremely helpful deal, I get special treatment when it comes to getting goggles when I need them, when short timelines are plentiful in racing. I already supported Scott beforehand, because I believed that a rider that uses Scott goggles will have an advantage over other riders that do not use Scott goggles. Not that I was obligated to support Scott, but I believed I should, with my fellow riders in mind. So with Scott helping me out, way beyond what I originally hoped for, it was now required of me to support their products, and their support of me, made it much easier. I know, with absolute certainty, that I have done my duty as a Scott rider, even though I will gladly continue. I let a few of my teammates borrow a few sets of my vast goggle selection, when they were previously using Spy or Smith setups. They ordered a large setup similar to mine, the week they got home, and have been absolutely satisfied since. That’s just riders that I'm absolutely sure I’ve affected....let alone the vast amount of other riders I may have influenced.....which is a large number.

I have received offers from competing goggle companies (Blur, Utopia, and some others), a couple offers which beat the deal I have with Scott USA. I, with no thought as to what to do, turned them down. Because I already ride for the best goggle manufacture, and would never switch to an inferior product, on the account of getting a better deal. I’d rather get a good deal on the best goggles, then an insane deal on goggles that are not…..

I will support them as well as I can….because they support me.

Kendall33
07-16-2007, 08:41 PM

Yes, the truth is plenty of people like to believe they are being "sponsored" because it sounds cool. I hate to burst the bubble for many but reality is you are getting a simple discount to buy their products. Sponsorship is when you get something for nothing...with the hopes that you will win...all risk is with the sponsor. If you gotta spend to take advantage of your sponsorship then you are getting a discount on buying products and nothing more.

I guess I am sponsored by ServiceHonda because they give me a 30% discount on all my Honda parts. :D

Why would you apply for 10 full scholarships to college when you can only use one?

/Jon

I'd like to say if you think getting something for nothing is how it is and how it should be then you are very wrong. People like myself go racing, trying to win and be the best they can be, trying to win a National Championship or a local championship either one. The victors then send resumes and pictures trying to get a sponsorship for being the best in their class and for working hard and being focused at the races all season long. Most of the time when you get "free" things you are going to be giving everything you have to win the races and your overall championship....so essentially NOTHING IS FREE because of the time and effort you put into winning to get that "free" sponsorship. But then after you get the sponsorship for free product you will start to to progress because every bit of support helps you.

rollie
07-16-2007, 09:09 PM
Racers are looking to save $$$ when possible...if you could send a letter to Oakley and Smith asking for a discount (sorry, sponsorship) and they reply back at 25% sponsorship (discount) and 35% discount (sponsorship) respectively, which goggles will you be wearing next season? Now, what exactly did they do for you again? Gave you a discount that they will give to any reseller and you will in turn promote them for giving you the discount. Basically, you are required to spend dollars to take advantage of the "sponsorship". If you don't buy the product then you have been given absolutely nothing so why would you endorse them? If you do buy the goggles then you got the discount and you will be wearing them when you race so they get what they want.

Real sponsorship is when Oakley sends you 5 pairs of goggles, a bunch of stickers, and makes a mortgage payment on your house. When Mountain Dew sponsor a Nascar team, do you think the team is just getting a discount on drinking Mountain Dew and nothing else?

/Jon

someone got the "sorry where no longer excepting resume's" notice:eek:

just kidding of course, but then again, why would i buy goggles if i didnt need them? If you do not need the product, theres simply no reason to even send a resume to the company, but if i need goggles, and i happen to pick up a "discount" from a goggle company, im going to buy them, as far as im concerned, they dont NEED to give me thats 20% off, but because they are looking to promote there product and the sport, they hook selected people up with a deal, no i dont think any local racer is going to get 5 free pairs of goggles and a mortage payment:rolleyes:

but when you race, you realize that it is extremely expensive. in order to keep racing, i have to manage my money. funny you brought up goggles. today i took $100 out of my account to purcahse some new goggles ( because i trashed my other ones) the goggles where around $85, leaving me with $15. however my local dealer gives me a 20% "discount", so the total come to just about $70, so i had $30 left, i took 20 of that and put gas in my truck. and the other ten i put back which means next time i need to buy something. i will have the money to buy it.

400exrider707
07-17-2007, 12:29 AM
Jeesh... its steel MX, they will sponsor anything with a pulse... ask me how I know...:D

No need to get all hot and bothered over it. Steel MX is jsut trying to get their name out. They sell a decent goggle at a decent price(once you include the sponsorship discount) and thats the bottom line. I wear their goggles and run their stickers.

dirtbike&quad
07-17-2007, 08:45 AM
steel mx sponsors basically anyone. they are a very small company.
everyone shouldnt be getting all mad. i mean if he wasnt wearing steel mx goggles id be mad but we dont really know what hes wearing huh...

mx428
07-17-2007, 09:06 AM
someone got the "sorry where no longer excepting resume's" notice:eek:

just kidding of course, but then again, why would i buy goggles if i didnt need them? If you do not need the product, theres simply no reason to even send a resume to the company, but if i need goggles, and i happen to pick up a "discount" from a goggle company, im going to buy them, as far as im concerned, they dont NEED to give me thats 20% off, but because they are looking to promote there product and the sport, they hook selected people up with a deal, no i dont think any local racer is going to get 5 free pairs of goggles and a mortage payment:rolleyes:

but when you race, you realize that it is extremely expensive. in order to keep racing, i have to manage my money. funny you brought up goggles. today i took $100 out of my account to purcahse some new goggles ( because i trashed my other ones) the goggles where around $85, leaving me with $15. however my local dealer gives me a 20% "discount", so the total come to just about $70, so i had $30 left, i took 20 of that and put gas in my truck. and the other ten i put back which means next time i need to buy something. i will have the money to buy it. sweet jesus, did you buy magnetos? those are the only goggles i remember being that expensive retail.

QuadJunkies
07-17-2007, 11:25 AM
sweet jesus, did you buy magnetos? those are the only goggles i remember being that expensive retail.
Scotts got some that are around 85.00-90.00 retail too(I cant remember the price for sure off hand)at least, if you buy them direct from Scott they are. They are the roll off style.I do believe they sell for less than that threw RMATV catalog.
My Son and Daughters Contingency sure came in handy on those goggles!:D
They are a really nice goggle though and well worth the price .

Mine~just so you know that I was not trying to take a direct JAB at ya ,so please dont take it that way. You should know me better than that by now if this is Marshmellow..;)
I guess we all just preceive our own ideas I guess on what being a sponsored rider is all about and what it means. I do know when my kids and myself have signed rider support contracts, it DOES STATE what is expected of a rider. We do get free product from time to time and we are always very greatful to any dicounts we get and I try to make mention for those who are supportive of us . EVERY DIME is important and helps over time to make it to the next race.

Enjoy your goggles non the less.

BTW... Why did you change your username anyhow?

mx428
07-17-2007, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Scotts got some that are around 85.00-90.00 retail too(I cant remember the price for sure off hand)at least, if you buy them direct from Scott they are. They are the roll off style.I do believe they sell for less than that threw RMATV catalog.
My Son and Daughters Contingency sure came in handy on those goggles!:D
They are a really nice goggle though and well worth the price .

Oh, i forgot about them selling goggles with the works system on them and stuff. Personally I hate rolloffs, the strings always break or the film jams or something always goes wrong. I prefer to just use tearoffs, i've actually gotten 35 on my dragons and it's still really clear. Scott makes the pro-stacks but they're only 3 to a stack so when you use more then 4 or 5 the distortion gets noticable.

rollie
07-17-2007, 02:52 PM
Oh, i forgot about them selling goggles with the works system on them and stuff. Personally I hate rolloffs, the strings always break or the film jams or something always goes wrong. I prefer to just use tearoffs, i've actually gotten 35 on my dragons and it's still really clear. Scott makes the pro-stacks but they're only 3 to a stack so when you use more then 4 or 5 the distortion gets noticable.

yeah the ones i got came with the works system, however many tear off's, two rolls of film and a useless carrying bag lol i agree roll offs do break alot if mud gets in them, but when they work they work awsome

mx428
07-17-2007, 03:08 PM
BTW if anyone want's some Utopia Slayer's or Too Dirties I can hook you up.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/Alloymx428/CIMG0493.jpg

yellowzo3
07-17-2007, 03:29 PM
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: lol what colors do they come in? just the blue and white?

mine
07-17-2007, 03:45 PM
Pm me a price of each, with a pack of tear offs.

CannondaleRider
07-17-2007, 04:17 PM
Pm me a price of each, with a pack of tear offs.

Haha.

I'm sorry, but this is just funny.....but kind of not...

Have you already forgot that your a SMX rider?:ermm:

Mxjunkie
07-17-2007, 04:35 PM
Haha.

I'm sorry, but this is just funny.....but kind of not...

Have you already forgot that your a SMX rider?:ermm:

It's almost sad because some people out there would love to have atleast one sponsor and support a company.. :tired:

quad2xtreme
07-17-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
It's almost sad because some people out there would love to have atleast one sponsor and support a company.. :tired:

Anyone without a sponsor is just lazy...again, just write a company and ask for a discount for buying their products in return for displaying stickers. Simple as that.

Now if you mean sponsored such that they are going to put your name in ads and send you stuff to run on your bike for free then yea, this is difficult. John Natalie, Doug Gust, Wimmer, etc. are sponsored riders...most everyone else is just getting a discount and calling it sponsorship.

I am willing to support anyone who wants support. Please send me a letter just asking for sponsorship. I will give you a 25% discount on any purchase of a computer, printer, and software from list prices. You can put my name on your quad when I send you stickers. You quad will say "powered by Kelly Computers".

/Jon

mx428
07-17-2007, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: lol what colors do they come in? just the blue and white? 50 pairs of the baby blue slayers and 5 pairs of white too dirties.

rollie
07-17-2007, 09:14 PM
50 pairs of the baby blue slayers and 5 pairs of white too dirties.

i PM'd you...did you get it?

mine
07-17-2007, 09:24 PM
i PM'd you...did you get it?

Yea, me too.

mx428
07-17-2007, 09:54 PM
I responded to rollie, ATVmxrider, and someone else, sorry I guess I don't get those pop up notifications anymore. I also have gold/white slayers, pink/black and red/clear too dirties from when i was riding for them if anyone's interested.

mine
07-17-2007, 10:03 PM
zach, pm me some prices duude

CannondaleRider
07-18-2007, 12:10 AM
Anyone without a sponsor is just lazy...again, just write a company and ask for a discount for buying their products in return for displaying stickers. Simple as that.

Now if you mean sponsored such that they are going to put your name in ads and send you stuff to run on your bike for free then yea, this is difficult. John Natalie, Doug Gust, Wimmer, etc. are sponsored riders...most everyone else is just getting a discount and calling it sponsorship.

I am willing to support anyone who wants support. Please send me a letter just asking for sponsorship. I will give you a 25% discount on any purchase of a computer, printer, and software from list prices. You can put my name on your quad when I send you stickers. You quad will say "powered by Kelly Computers".

/Jon

You are utterly clueless on these things.....completely. Maybe the fact that you don't even race has a large part of that.

Any true, legitimate, support rider will agree with me on this.....you have no idea what your talking about.

Sponsorship is based on levels, proven levels of exposure bring higher levels of sponsorship. I fail to understand your inaccurate opinions that a discount, small or large, is not considered sponsorship.

Yeah, many joe blows can send a inadequate resume to lower, or even higher level companies, and get a sponsorship...but, it's a low level sponsorship. They aren't going to invest in something that isn't a proven entity.

I get higher then average sponsorship deals, because it can be seen in my resume that I keep product exposure at a higher level then some riders, so they believe a higher investment level is worth it.....and they are right.

Some pro teammates of mine, Tim Shelman, Brandon Brown, and Joe Rarey, all get tons of free product...even when they are not TOP level riders in skill(With the exception of Brandon, who is the #3 rider in the Pro ranks of the WORCS series) they are all known to be down to earth, very approachable, and very able to push a product beyond that of other lower level riders....so they get tons of free product, because it is for sure a worth-while investment.

You seem to have no common sense, racing knowledge, or even true business sense.

QuadJunkies
07-18-2007, 01:10 AM
yeah the ones i got came with the works system, however many tear off's, two rolls of film and a useless carrying bag lol i agree roll offs do break alot if mud gets in them, but when they work they work awsome

Agreed!
We actually were reluctant on the rolls offs, but we had a race in the WORCS series this year that no tear offs were allowed,so we tried a set and to our surprise they work really well compared to other roll offs we have used in the past.
Alot of Mud is def. no good with them and still prefer the tear offs, but so far so good on the works goggles with no problems(knock on wood! lol) :p

mx428
07-18-2007, 09:02 AM
zach, pm me some prices duude arent you sponsored by steel

mine
07-18-2007, 10:29 AM
arent you sponsored by steel

it doesnt matter,are you trieing to get rid of them or no?

quad2xtreme
07-18-2007, 10:47 AM
You are utterly clueless on these things.....completely. Maybe the fact that you don't even race has a large part of that.

Any true, legitimate, support rider will agree with me on this.....you have no idea what your talking about.

Sponsorship is based on levels, proven levels of exposure bring higher levels of sponsorship. I fail to understand your inaccurate opinions that a discount, small or large, is not considered sponsorship.

Yeah, many joe blows can send a inadequate resume to lower, or even higher level companies, and get a sponsorship...but, it's a low level sponsorship. They aren't going to invest in something that isn't a proven entity.

I get higher then average sponsorship deals, because it can be seen in my resume that I keep product exposure at a higher level then some riders, so they believe a higher investment level is worth it.....and they are right.

Some pro teammates of mine, Tim Shelman, Brandon Brown, and Joe Rarey, all get tons of free product...even when they are not TOP level riders in skill(With the exception of Brandon, who is the #3 rider in the Pro ranks of the WORCS series) they are all known to be down to earth, very approachable, and very able to push a product beyond that of other lower level riders....so they get tons of free product, because it is for sure a worth-while investment.

You seem to have no common sense, racing knowledge, or even true business sense.

Thanks for the personal attack...but your assumptions are off target. I really don't come on this site to offend anyone and rarely ever get involved in discussions like this. This will be my last post on this topic unless a well established VP of Marketing wants to argue the point.

Based on this post, you do seem to understand the concept of varying levels of sponsorship...from your posts, I think you are just offended with the thought of having a discount purchase agreement with a vendor. I fully understand any rider wanting to be sponsored. All I am saying is I can write a letter right now to Service Honda asking for a 30% discount on all of my Honda parts purchases in return for putting their stickers on my gas tank. They will agree to this. In fact, I would be happy to do this as I already purchase my parts from them. According to your definition, I am now a sponsored rider of Service Honda. We will never agree on your definition of sponsorship. My definition of sponsorship is when I get product that is not contingent on my spending any money with your company. Doug Gust is sponsored for example...I can promise you he doesn't spend a dime with Suzuki. If I am required to spend $$$ with your company as a condition of receiving "sponsorship" benefits then I am not really sponsored. These two types of transactions should also be recorded differently from an accounting perspective.

I am not going to personally attack your opinions partially because it is a lopsided argument that would better be had with a company's marketing executive. There are many who are reading this thread who might have input. Trust me, most of these companies have a VP of Marketing who manages product endorsements who have never raced a single race. They fully understand the marketing game and product sales strategies. There are books and books written about this subject.

All I was saying from the start is that a rider is not obligated to proactively endorse any vendor that he has yet to purchase any product from under a discount product agreement. It is a fairly straight forward concept. The rider hasn't received any "sponsorship" benefit up until the time he actually buys the product. Then by all means, he should live up to his end of the bargain...as the vendor did give him a special discount on the product.

/Jon

mx428
07-18-2007, 11:24 AM
it doesnt matter,are you trieing to get rid of them or no? i've actually gotten like 700 PM's about them, ill sort through those and if i still have some left then yeah i guess ill sell you whatever you want.

procircuit406ex
07-18-2007, 11:42 AM
I sent you a PM too, just get me a price when you can.

Thanks,
Tyler

CannondaleRider
07-18-2007, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the personal attack...but your assumptions are off target. I really don't come on this site to offend anyone and rarely ever get involved in discussions like this. This will be my last post on this topic unless a well established VP of Marketing wants to argue the point.

Based on this post, you do seem to understand the concept of varying levels of sponsorship...from your posts, I think you are just offended with the thought of having a discount purchase agreement with a vendor. I fully understand any rider wanting to be sponsored. All I am saying is I can write a letter right now to Service Honda asking for a 30% discount on all of my Honda parts purchases in return for putting their stickers on my gas tank. They will agree to this. In fact, I would be happy to do this as I already purchase my parts from them. According to your definition, I am now a sponsored rider of Service Honda. We will never agree on your definition of sponsorship. My definition of sponsorship is when I get product that is not contingent on my spending any money with your company. Doug Gust is sponsored for example...I can promise you he doesn't spend a dime with Suzuki. If I am required to spend $$$ with your company as a condition of receiving "sponsorship" benefits then I am not really sponsored. These two types of transactions should also be recorded differently from an accounting perspective.

I am not going to personally attack your opinions partially because it is a lopsided argument that would better be had with a company's marketing executive. There are many who are reading this thread who might have input. Trust me, most of these companies have a VP of Marketing who manages product endorsements who have never raced a single race. They fully understand the marketing game and product sales strategies. There are books and books written about this subject.

All I was saying from the start is that a rider is not obligated to proactively endorse any vendor that he has yet to purchase any product from under a discount product agreement. It is a fairly straight forward concept. The rider hasn't received any "sponsorship" benefit up until the time he actually buys the product. Then by all means, he should live up to his end of the bargain...as the vendor did give him a special discount on the product.

/Jon

Alright, agree to disagree......not on all of it, you are completely right in some aspects. But, obviously, I still do not agree with some of your opinions.

Also, I apologize for the personal attacks, I just get in a mindset with most of the arguing members on this website......not sure why......Shouldn't even let any argument on this site drag me in....oh well

quad2xtreme
07-18-2007, 11:57 AM
me too and I am supposed to be on vacation this week having fun. :-)