PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust

guy310
07-15-2007, 09:33 PM
When you guys are ordering exhaust, are you ordering a CRF50 exhaust or like a drz110 or something?

Big Red Menace
07-22-2007, 02:47 PM
I'm getting my (my son's) new typhoon 125 in a couple days, and was wondering the same thing. I seen a test where a typhoon had a FMF on it, but can't find a listing of any kind. The test I seen on atv scene said it was for an xtreme pit bike. Can anyone verify this? Is the stock exhaust sufficient for a stock bore? I'm going to go big bore eventually and think I want to upgrade the exhaust after I upgrade the suspension.

guy310
07-22-2007, 08:28 PM
I ordered an exhaust for a crf/xr50 based pit bike. I ordered the BBR big bore pipe. I have found that most of the pipes are made for up to an 88cc pit bike and the big bore pipes are made for larger than that. We are already beyond the 88cc's so I just ordered a big bore instaed of the standard.

God'sGirl.MQ.20
07-23-2007, 12:18 AM
Our daughter's Typhoons run the FMF exhaust. We ordered them from Xtreme directly. It is made for the bikes. Xtremeatv.com. or call them at 888.844.9440, ask for Nathan. You can find it on the accessories page.

WOLFPACK
07-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by God'sGirl.MQ.20
Our daughter's Typhoons run the FMF exhaust. We ordered them from Xtreme directly. It is made for the bikes. Xtremeatv.com. or call them at 888.844.9440, ask for Nathan. You can find it on the accessories page. Nathan is thier R&D guy and shouldn't be bothered when your just ordering a Pipe. He is very busy and has nothing to do with parts. Just ask for the parts department when you call.

guy310
07-24-2007, 09:48 PM
The BBR exhaust does not fit from an XR50. I will call tomorrow about a Two Brothers exhaust.

JBOYZ
07-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Does the Power Core IV complete system for a CRF50 work on the Xtreme TY90?

God'sGirl.MQ.20
07-27-2007, 04:55 PM
I thought Nathan would be the best guy for this post question. It seems the postee is undecided. We're on first name basis with all the ladies in the parts department but usually they have to transfer us over to Nathan if we have a question. Just trying to cut out the middle man. These questions seem to be coming from new customers and I want them to be just as happy with Xtreme as we are. If the postee just wants to order one, ask for Amanda in the parts department.

We love the preformance of Ash's FMF exhaust. Highly recommend it. This exhaust is made to work with the Typhoon so, there's no guess work or modifaction needed. Only thing I recommend is a heat shield on the exposed side pipe. Our Fab guy has a narly scar from the burn!!! PM me and I can send you a pic of our daughter's bikes. Tell me if you PM cuz I never ck it! :)

ATKnewbie
07-27-2007, 06:31 PM
Any chance that FMF comes with a quiet core?
I need one for our backyard.

guy310
07-27-2007, 09:27 PM
You didn't like the insert you got from Xtreme? Like I said, any quiet core negates the effect of a pipe so anything you do to quiet it down should be done only for noise. All modifications made to quiet the exhaust will result in the same power loss, so the point is I guess that if you are satisfied with the sound from the insert from Xtreme, don't spend anything else on exhaust.

Ride1Rob
07-27-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by God'sGirl.MQ.20
I thought Nathan would be the best guy for this post question. It seems the postee is undecided. We're on first name basis with all the ladies in the parts department but usually they have to transfer us over to Nathan if we have a question. Just trying to cut out the middle man. These questions seem to be coming from new customers and I want them to be just as happy with Xtreme as we are. If the postee just wants to order one, ask for Amanda in the parts department.

We love the preformance of Ash's FMF exhaust. Highly recommend it. This exhaust is made to work with the Typhoon so, there's no guess work or modifaction needed. Only thing I recommend is a heat shield on the exposed side pipe. Our Fab guy has a narly scar from the burn!!! PM me and I can send you a pic of our daughter's bikes. Tell me if you PM cuz I never ck it! :)

That makes sense God'sGirl? I've been considering doing some mods to Jams bike but not sure exactly what I want to do first. How much louder is the FMF or anyother aftermarket pipe over the stock one? I really want something that'll give the bike alil more bottom end hit so when I change the gearing to a 14t or 15t sprocket it won't rob all the power. I'm definitely VERY happy with deciding on getting this bike. There were a few that were trying to steer me away from it but honestly, you can't beat what your getting when you purchase on of these quads.

God'sGirl, send me some pics of the bike ;) .

ATKnewbie
07-28-2007, 06:59 AM
I am happy with the exhaust cap from Xtreme for now, but I will only run it in the yard. When we travel to trails or dunes I would not. If the FMF honestly has a 10% improvement in power then I would consider it if I can get a quiet core for it when we are riding in the yard. I do not want to be swapping full exhausts every other weekend.

WMW-F4R
08-10-2007, 11:37 PM
The FMF 4.1 exhaust is trick and it out performs anything out there for a 125+cc ... but it is a tight fit (clearance at the lower frame rail, some units need to be slightly modified to fit, also needs a special bracket and bolt kit. You can get a sparky and or quiet core.

The two bros. pipe fits easily with bracket kit. Can get sparky for this pipe as well.

For the 70 and 90 the small bore pipe out performs the stock by a mile...more torque and power thru out rpm.

The pipe xtreme has is the old style Powercore4...not nearly as cool as the 4.1