PDA

View Full Version : she sputters

Macho250
10-23-2002, 03:49 PM
im havin a tough time with my 250ex evrytime i push the throttle to go it sputters ive done everything i can think of what might be the prob i changed the plug and i drained the gas but no help
need answers thanx:o

redrider ex
10-23-2002, 04:04 PM
:D

10-23-2002, 04:45 PM
SHIFT DOWN!!!!! j/k j/k

Macho250
10-23-2002, 04:57 PM
i did both those things it has a k&n on it and i took the carb off yer=sterday and cleaned it up but it wasnt dirty im sure its prolly just stopped up but i dont know where.

Dusty
10-23-2002, 05:33 PM
My nieces 250ex has the same problem. when you stab the throttle it just dies. I've tryed just about everything i can think of. different pilot, raising ,lowering needle, air filter on, airfilter off. Other than that it runs great. I'm still working on it though.
Brian

Macho250
10-23-2002, 08:29 PM
no its when im just gettin the rpms up it starts cuttin out and bacfirin but i can slam the throttle and it revs fine but when i get on it and take off it sputters and trys to die. im sooooo mad im fixin to take it to the carb man and get it cleaned. if yall know how to clean the carb give me step by step instructions..

Macho250
10-23-2002, 08:32 PM
also do i need a jet kit my dad and i just got threw discussing it. when i got done ridin last weekend the thing was running great but now its bad do i need richer jets or what my mods are at the bottom

brokeitin3
10-23-2002, 09:01 PM
One of 3 things, if you had the fuel tank off, check to make sure it is not pinched off or kinked at any point, if you have a new exhaust you def need a larger main jet, especially if you have the k&n filter, 3rd if when you let off the throttle when it sputters and then hit it again and it runs fine, id say you are just hitting the rev limiter. but sounds like you are running lean. jerk the fuel line loose from the carb to make sure you are getting a good flow of gas and go from there.