PDA

View Full Version : Rear end issues

T2RACING
07-15-2007, 07:09 PM
I got my Polaris out and changed oil and greased it well and rode it for about an hour.. I ahve never had any trouble out of it but for some reason after riding about an hour the chain started popping, once every rotation. I ahve checked rear end alignment on it and it is dead on, but when you rotated the chain around it gets tighter and tighter then at one point it will pop and then it is loose. them tighter and tighter then pop and loose.. Anybody have any suggestions....

homemadebrownie
07-15-2007, 08:53 PM
you prolly need either new front or back sprockets, loosen the chain or just get a new chain

bossman525
07-16-2007, 06:11 AM
go to www.gen3usa.com... its all about scramblers only.
i take it your talking about your scrambler. my wifes scrambler 400 does the same thing. i havent figured it out yet, but they told me on that site either the chain and sprockets and also check the motor mounts.

rundrave
07-17-2007, 09:16 AM
yeah go to gen3usa.com

but back to the chain, when there is no weight on the quad the chain should be fairly lose just barely resting on the swingarm

when you apply weight on the rear end watch and see what the chain does, you may have it set to tight and if you go off a jump or something that may cause it to break

a chain tensioner might be a easy mod to help fix this

T2RACING
07-26-2007, 11:33 AM
Chain fixed it.. thanks for the info...