PDA

View Full Version : CR Ignition Mount for LSR + Stem Question

havinnoj
07-15-2007, 02:18 PM
Running a LSR frame. ESR's CR ignition mount obviously doesn't fit around the 1" round tubing. Does anybody make one or is it a custom made one on my end?

LSR frame - stock steering stem. Bearings are completely in and seated. Stem seats properly. The problem is this...

The stem itself has a protruding notch/groove towards the top. On stock frames, this notch sits right below the stem clamp on the frame. On the LSR frame, it sits exactly 1" too high. The notch is in the middle of where the clamp needs to go - stem is chrome so I don't want to grind it.

I was under the impression that stock stems work on LSR frames - I think LSR even told me this...anybody else run into this problem or know what's wrong?

matt250r21
07-15-2007, 02:30 PM
I mounted my CR coil in the stock R coil location on my Laeger frame. Just put one 6mm bolt thru the coil and ground wire then thru the stock coil tab on the frame and then a 6mm nut. I had to drill out the center of the frame tab a little for clearence and to route the coil wire the way I wanted. It has held well with no problems for 3 years of hard MXing. Don't forget to sand some paint off the coil mount to get a good ground.

mfr422
07-15-2007, 03:40 PM
havinnoj,

go ahead and grind it off. If it's in the middle of your clamp you can't see it anyway. I had to machine a buddies clamp bigger on his because his plating was too thick, we also ground off that ring. roost on!

Aceman
07-15-2007, 04:00 PM
Why does it matter if you grind the notch off your stem if you won't even be able to see it when you're finished? If you don't want to do that, sell it and put the money towards an aftermarket chromed stem. Second, I don't think I've ever heard anyone spend the money on an aftermarket frame just to run a stock stem. Most people don't even run stock stems on their stock frames let alone aftermarket.:p

havinnoj
07-15-2007, 04:48 PM
would rather get an aftermarket one than grind a chrome one? anybody got one?

Have any of you used a stock stem in an aftermarket lsr frame? do you need lsr only?

thanks for the pointers about the coil. i'll let you know what i do and post pics soon when it's about done!

brokenbones
07-20-2007, 06:28 PM
i use a hinge plate bolt (a bolt that looks like a u) and use my esr plate and it works perfect on my lsr frame

just my 2 cents