PDA

View Full Version : go faster without larger tires or revving more.

maddmatt02
07-15-2007, 02:16 PM
gearing?

just wondering if you piped it, bored it, dropped in a cam, whatever you do to add more power, shy of revving it higher, any way to go faster, and without 24" tires?

any company making a sort of R&P to regear the rear end? I doubt it cuz ive never heard of such a thing.

JBacon
07-15-2007, 03:28 PM
never heard of that on a shaft drive...

07250ex
07-15-2007, 03:30 PM
if you did that stuff to it why wouldn't you get a cdi?

maddmatt02
07-15-2007, 06:11 PM
didnt say I wouldnt want to mod the ignition at all, but I dont want more top speed just by revving the engine higher than honda initially allows. usually if a manufacturer puts a stop to the revs at a point, I am most likely gonna obey that point til I do something internally that will allow it to safely rev higher.

07250ex
07-15-2007, 06:34 PM
all the hondas rev low you can hold 250ex's at the limiter all day long lol

klutchbuster250
07-15-2007, 08:16 PM
dude just jet ur bike perfectly , adda pipe filter and stock size tires and a rev box and u should have a slightly igher top speed all the cams arnt worht it u will probly top out at 58 give or take wit just a pipe jet and rev box

maddmatt02
07-15-2007, 08:28 PM
its not my bike, its my uncles, he has 2, a 02 and a 03, they are left down in mexico. Id be allowed to add some power if I wanted, but he already doesnt like us to rev em high in 5th and stay there while cruising down the beach. I actually have no complaints with the power now cuz of how low its geared it accelerates fine, especiall when your riding with someone on another 250ex. how it is now it could stand taller gearing with stock power. we ride them at about 3 ft above sea level so the airs about as dense as you can get it. on the beach though top speed comes on too quick. and if I try asking him to let me put on a rev box so I can go down the beach faster holding a steady RPM higher than what I cant even get to now, Im sure he aint going for it. oh well, when I finally get a new quad, the one im building now will stay in mexico. debating though on just throwing a crf/yzf engine in the frame and not have to buy a new one, and Ill be less than a days drive to mexico so I could bring my bike, but if I have to haul it down there I cant ride down there cuz no streetbikes hauling a quad on trailer and if it did the ride wouldnt be fiun anymore anyways.