PDA

View Full Version : 310 recomendations

2strokescreamer
07-15-2007, 12:34 PM
Im looking at purchasing a 310 top end for my 250r. Which company do you suggest buying from. I have looked at ct and esr and i like the esr. I would also like to know if anybody has the lrd 300 sleeve kit, and how they like it. WHat kind of power should i expect for a well ported 310, and would this be a good woods motor or should i go to a 330? Sorry for all the questions..thanks in advance!

bushwesl
07-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by 2strokescreamer
Im looking at purchasing a 310 top end for my 250r. Which company do you suggest buying from. I have looked at ct and esr and i like the esr. I would also like to know if anybody has the lrd 300 sleeve kit, and how they like it. WHat kind of power should i expect for a well ported 310, and would this be a good woods motor or should i go to a 330? Sorry for all the questions..thanks in advance!

It really doesn't matter which company you purchase the cylinder from because they are all the same, as far as being the Pro-X cylinder. The only thing that sets them apart is the porting and the other accessories, such as billet or anodized pieces. It seems to be that the large companies, such as CT, ESR, and the like, are hit or miss on their porting. If you want a generic port job, then have them port it, but if you really want it to run I'd send it to someone else, i.e. Neil from C-Leigh Racing. He's the MAN to talk to.

my88r
07-15-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by bushwesl
It really doesn't matter which company you purchase the cylinder from because they are all the same, as far as being the Pro-X cylinder. The only thing that sets them apart is the porting and the other accessories, such as billet or anodized pieces. It seems to be that the large companies, such as CT, ESR, and the like, are hit or miss on their porting. If you want a generic port job, then have them port it, but if you really want it to run I'd send it to someone else, i.e. Neil from C-Leigh Racing. He's the MAN to talk to.

x2

Aceman
07-15-2007, 03:52 PM
I agree with Bushwesl. Don't forget about LA Sleeve either, I have their ProX 310 cylinder. If it was me, I'd buy LA Sleeves cylinder unported send it off to a reputable builder such as C Leigh rather than buying from ESR, CT, LRD, etc and having to pay extra for their ported cylinder just to send if off somewhere else to have it done properly. I don't think you can buy a cast ported cylinder from those companies like you can from LA Sleeve, but I haven't tried either.

fireburns99
07-24-2007, 12:10 PM
You can buy a raw unported cylinder from esr i know for a fact. I believe it is $100 less than there econo-ported cylinder.

NJChris
07-24-2007, 03:07 PM
I thought L A Sleeve was the maker of ALL the base big bore jugs? The other shops buy them from L A and re-sell them to you.