PDA

View Full Version : teather switch problem

trent zimmerman
07-15-2007, 04:10 AM
Wanted to see if someone could help me?I have two YFZ's,one '04 and one '05,I bought two Pingel teather kill switches.My problem is,I insalled one on the '04,tapped into the brown and the red & black wires on the left handle bar mounted on/off switch,it worked fine,starts in any gear,now on the '05 did same exact thing,just won't start in gear,only in nutral,I'm going to race a few harescrambles locally and that's not good to start a dead engine race in nutral or worse,stall it in the woods and have to find nutral to get going.I can't figure it out,same kill switch,same bikes two different situations.Someone please help!Thank you in advance.

jshtex
07-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Honestly it doesn't sound related to your kill switch.

Check the saftey switch on the clutch lever. You can bypass it by following the wires down under the hood and disconnecting them, then connect the two wires together. They happen to be a male and female connector.

Once you do that though the bike will start in any gear without the clutch being pulled in so be careful. Thats the way we run ours.

Does your neutral light on the bars work? If not check the switch on the side of the motor underneath the shifter. The connector on ours got loose once and caused some problems.

trent zimmerman
07-16-2007, 11:51 AM
It would start in any gear before the kill switch was installed,just weird I guess,I'll try what you said and let you know how it works,thanks.

trent zimmerman
07-17-2007, 09:35 AM
Thanx jshtex,it worked,weird how the first one worked without that mod,went ahead and did it to both,got rid of that extra wire,thanx again.

jshtex
07-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Glad to help when I can. We had to get rid of our clutch switch when we went with an aftermarket clutch lever and perch.