PDA

View Full Version : 450r Shocks On 250r

RT-Z-MAN
07-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Hello, I'm new to the site. Does any one know how 450r front shocks will work out on a 250r? I mainly do woods/trail riding. will they bolt up with out modifing? would there be a big change in handeling are they that much better. The trails I ride have alot of woops and I'm very aggresive rider. Thanks for any input

Foxracing047
07-14-2007, 04:39 PM
I have some 04's on mine and love them so far. Only problem is that they are valved stock for I beleive around 230lbs? so unless you weigh around that then you may want to get them revavled.

I love the stance of my 250r now because of the longer length on the 450r shocks.

they ride ok for me right now but I also weigh 170 so I feel everything in the front end right now.

no modifications are needed

RT-Z-MAN
07-15-2007, 09:57 AM
Thank's Fox, I weigh about 225 so they should work out pretty well. I'll check ebay and pick up a pair.

beobe99
07-15-2007, 10:40 PM
Hey RTZ I have a set of 450R shocks for sale if your interested... send me a PM or email me for pics at

beobe99@aol.com

MossboysRacing
07-16-2007, 11:23 AM
As said before, 450r shocks will bolt right up with no mods. I would suggest getting them revalved and resprung for your weight and bike set-up. 450r's have longer a-arms which changes the leverage ratio on the shock itself. when going to a stock length 250r/400ex a-arm, the shock becomes very stiff. I race XC and run 450r shocks on my R, and they have been revalved and resprung for me and they handle great. Just my opinion

Crazy lil punk
07-16-2007, 03:54 PM
I had them on my 250r, looked trick, but never really rode hard on them (break in on motor) but I have them on my 400 now, I love them, they are just a little harsh when riding slow over really rocky trails. I weigh like 235ish

RT-Z-MAN
07-17-2007, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the replies. MossboysRacing how much to revalve and spring and where could I get it done? I might still buy the 450r shocks Beobe but it depends on how much the revalve and springs will cost, because were I ride I think I need more of a softer ride.

MossboysRacing
07-18-2007, 05:39 PM
Our site sponsor C@D racing does them, also Gt Thunder and Derisi Racing, and Johnny Hale. Price depends on what you have done to them. I have first hand experience with derisi, ( on my 06 450r see sig.) and am extremely pleased. Each of these places charges a little different, your best bet would be to call them and ask. Other companies do conversions like TCS, but they too expensive in my book. You can find C@D here on exriders, they have their own forum, here are the other links: ( if they work)

http://www.derisiracing.com/atv/suspension/shockconversions.htm
http://www.gtthunder.com/450R.htm

http://www.j-hracing.com/products.htm#suspension

Foxracing047
07-18-2007, 05:57 PM
how much was your revalve? should you have a diff spring put on also or would just a revalve be plenty?

MossboysRacing
07-19-2007, 12:26 PM
I actually got real lucky and just happened to find mine of ebay, i paid $285 for the shocks and They were already converted triple rate w/zps and valved for 250# XC. I only wiegh 200, but they still ride great. This off season, i plan on haveing Santo Derisi revalve them. Also, I know Derisi racing and gt-thunder do a front shock mod. that shortens the shock body and gives you almost 2 inches more inches of total travel. A revalve will definetly help, but it wont change your ride height (sag). I Think Derisi charges $180 for a revalve. Im not sure about the others, I would say call them up and ask. I have had a good expeince with Derisi, and a friend had his YFZ 450 shocks done by GT-Thunder (revalve respring for XC) and loves them.