PDA

View Full Version : shifter seal?

hondarules
07-13-2007, 06:16 PM
i have a 05 450r an the seal on the shifter keeps backin out an pourin oil out an ive put in another seal an blowed out all my hoses an it still does it..it seems to me the crank isnt relievin pressure correctly an that was the first thing to blow out so it could release the pressure but does anybody have anyother ideas

Sjorge450R
07-14-2007, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by hondarules
i have a 05 450r an the seal on the shifter keeps backin out an pourin oil out an ive put in another seal an blowed out all my hoses an it still does it..it seems to me the crank isnt relievin pressure correctly an that was the first thing to blow out so it could release the pressure but does anybody have anyother ideas

too much oil?

watts16
07-15-2007, 04:21 PM
Mine was building alot of pressure too. Changed the fluids to see if I overfilled it..blew the seal out again. Then put another new seal in it.. was fine Did great for 2 or 3 races then the crank went out in 4th gear WO. Trashed the cases.

hondarules
07-16-2007, 08:48 PM
ive changed my oil 5-6 times since its been doin it an im not over fillin it..for now i have a piece of water hose an wire ties holdin the seal into place an i unscrew my cap to where i pour the oil in everytime i stop to release the pressure an so far thats workin pretty good but id like to get it fixed right but i dont kno where to start

speedfreaksguy
07-17-2007, 08:20 AM
Is it possible that your fluids are mixxing?? Measure the amount that you drain from both sides and see if the tranny level is overfilled. You may be sucking engine oil past a seal causing the tranny to overfill.

hondarules
07-17-2007, 04:40 PM
aight thanks ill try that